4 Feet of Snow

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since last Tuesday. Still snowing. By tomorrow night, it looks like it will total 5 feet, maybe more. Another smaller snow system is moving in by mid next week.

Hard to believe I had the car out one week ago for a tuning run. We are on course to break all past April records for snowfall. The snow itself is no big deal for here, but it will definitely push the Viper season out a few more weeks by the time it melts and the salt gets washed away :mad:

Steve

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ugh! I feel your pain Steve. Snow here as well last night. But only 1/2 inch. If it ever warms up it should melt quickly. But they also salted the hell out of the roads so it may be a while before going out again. And to think I rode with the top down last Sunday.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
You meed this: :cool: :cool: :hitfan:

Cam_-_Snow_Viper.jpg

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should move over here Steve, I've just done 200 mile with AC and sunglasses on for a trip down to Baz's :2tu:

hot weather all Easter for us :)

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a call out and its 7pm still sunny and dry it has been 19 degrees today....

Happy Easter all......

D

DAMN YANKEE

Steve, just sent you an email to cheer you up.

Ruk, most excellent!!!

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, That's Global Warming for you !!! See`where CA going to have to start regulating Green house gases now also. It was raining here last night and the snow is almost gone. Expect to be driving the GTS next weekend.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, That's Global Warming for you !!! See`where CA going to have to start regulating Green house gases now also. It was raining here last night and the snow is almost gone. Expect to be driving the GTS next weekend.

California is a joke when it comes to environmental concerns. They only care about the air but don't have any recycling programs or water conservation. They don't even have bottle returns. If it wasn't for air quality standards they would probably one of the worse polluters in the U.S.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve hope it's all meted & salt free for the brunch

Sam

We hope so too Sam. Looking to get out of here a week earlier than the brunch. That's only 20 days from now. Might have to run on a little salt to get the Viper down there if it doesn't melt quick and we don't get enough rain to clean things up. There is a LOT to melt now!

Steve

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
California is a joke when it comes to environmental concerns. They only care about the air but don't have any recycling programs or water conservation. They don't even have bottle returns. If it wasn't for air quality standards they would probably one of the worse polluters in the U.S.

I agree that CA is a pain in the a$$, trust me we have fully enforced recycling programs, and bottle returns. Everything here is over regulated, from paint to cleaners. People watch you here like a hawk, don't even try cleaning your engine and hosing it off. I know of someone who did this and had the fire department show up with a Haz Mat team. They traced the chemical source to his house and he was charged thousands of dollars in clean up costs. I believe San Francisco just passed a no plastic bag at the grocery store law. No more paper or plastic choice for bagging. As far as water is concerned, we haven't had much rain at all. I can't wait to see what our water prices are going to be this summer. At least we've got 360 perfect days to drive our cars.

Last edited:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trust me we have fully enforced recycling programs, and bottle returns.

Really? When I was in San Diego 2 years ago my sister in law didn't recycle any bottles and knew nothing about bottle returns. How long has it been in effect? Maybe she was just ignorant...

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? When I was in San Diego 2 years ago my sister in law didn't recycle any bottles and knew nothing about bottle returns. How long has it been in effect? Maybe she was just ignorant...

In the LA basin it's been at least 10 yrs. I can't say that I'm a model recycler by any means, the truth is that I'm pretty bad. Anyway back to the weather, sorry you guys are stuck in the snow, but I'm sure it will make that real spring arrival even more exciting.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, an hour and half west of here topped out at 64.5 inches. With the heavy winds swirling through this storm, we lucked out at just over 4 feet. -1F this morning here, -11F an hour from here. Those are records for April. Looks like a little more snow mid week and possibly next week end. The good news is that the sun is higher and did a little meltin' today. I've been around for more than a few years and don't ever remember it snowing steady for 4-5 days in April.

Steve

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, an hour and half west of here topped out at 64.5 inches. With the heavy winds swirling through this storm, we lucked out at just over 4 feet. -1F this morning here, -11F an hour from here. Those are records for April. Looks like a little more snow mid week and possibly next week end. The good news is that the sun is higher and did a little meltin' today. I've been around for more than a few years and don't ever remember it snowing steady for 4-5 days in April.

Steve
Man, Steve sure glad I don't live there!!! Planning to move South in the next couple years and it won't be there!! All the Low incomes are moving up here for the no income tax, Free money(permanent fund check) and best welfare. So I'm Leaving. I was born here and can't take it anymore. You need to speak 10 lanquages to live here. The snow is the least of the problems. LOL

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, Steve sure glad I don't live there!!! Planning to move South in the next couple years and it won't be there!! All the Low incomes are moving up here for the no income tax, Free money(permanent fund check) and best welfare. So I'm Leaving. I was born here and can't take it anymore. You need to speak 10 lanquages to live here. The snow is the least of the problems. LOL

Since I last wrote, we got another 8-10", but the sun is higher and it's going fast! Might even get out for a little spin today. Supposed to rain tomorrow which will help clean things up.

I have several friends /classmates who moved to wilds of Alaska over 35 years ago......and never came back. One was a bush surveyor until he got married and had kids.

Steve

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did get the Viper out today. It was all of 49 degrees, but sunny ;) 60 miles. I can now attest to the fact that superchargers do like a little more air...as the new roller rockers are proving out to be a good little mod!

Steve

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It must be in the mid 90's everyday here..it's going to take some time to get used to. At least it's not really Viper weather in MI yet-I'm not missing much.

- Postcard from the Asian Tropics

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Richard but it was Viper weather here yesterday. No snow. Mid 50's and lots of sun. Finally starting to appear like spring is coming. Supposed to be 70ish this weekend.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once while previously in this part of the world, I mentioned owning a Viper, and no one knew what one was..

Adding that it had 450hp/10 cylinders only got the response.."Why?"

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out again today. Mid 60's and not a single cloud in the sky. Perfect.

And given the percent of US cars exported anywhere near you I can understand why they know nothing of the Viper.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's banned Tom. - I know it's banned anwhere within 100' of me.:D

Trying to sneak a mango back into the US in a suitcase got one woman a $50 fine at DTW a few years back.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't come within a 1/2 mile of one of those.

Have tried the Balot yet?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A guy was wolfing down some balut/balot about 15' away from me the other night.

- I'm thinking Arby's

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I just checked prices at a sign shop a couple blocks away...Banner printing on vinyl is only 65 cents a square foot ! I'll have to put some Viper artwork together before I leave and have something made up :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave