4 Post Lift Info

apeas2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
All, just in case you were wondering how to remove your wheels with a 4 post lift, this is how I do it. I bought 4 flat bottom Extra Tall Ram Jacks (3 and 8 ton) from harbor freight with a 25% coupon. Then I cut 4 pieces of 2x4 lumber squares. I then Lower my Viper slowly onto the jacks which will raise the viper off the lift. Then I install 4 (3ton) jackstands under the jack points on the frame and slowly raise the lift which raises the jackstands to the lift point and up we go. I am taking the tires off tomorrow to do a inside and outside cleaning of the rims. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 2014-03-25 12.32.36.jpg
    2014-03-25 12.32.36.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 2014-03-25 12.32.57.jpg
    2014-03-25 12.32.57.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those bases look kinda narrow. I would personally just spend the extra $ on a 4 post sliding jack set up. Thanks for sharing the info though.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Fortunately my wheels are open enough that I can clean inside the wheel each time I wash car. It's not perfect, but wheels get dirty again quickly.

OP
OP
A

apeas2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those bases look kinda narrow. I would personally just spend the extra $ on a 4 post sliding jack set up. Thanks for sharing the info though.

The bases (2x4) squares are wider than the frame of the car. The support the frame perfectly for the 2 minutes while I slide the jackstands into place. I use the wood squares so the frame doesnt dimple. :D

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea! I'm building my Viper Den as we speak and waffling between 2 and 4 post lift. The biggest draw back (Until NOW) was taking the wheels off ... this idea makes for more options.

OP
OP
A

apeas2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea! I'm building my Viper Den as we speak and waffling between 2 and 4 post lift. The biggest draw back (Until NOW) was taking the wheels off ... this idea makes for more options.
I store my viper and park my SUV underneath, so I needed the 4 post lift.

OP
OP
A

apeas2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bird325:3245145 said:
Wouldn't a two post lift provide the same option of parking under it?
It is not recommended to store a car on a 2 post lift for long periods of time. It's not good for the suspension.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some super tall jack stands that I use on my lifted Ram 2500, also from Harbor Freight. Could you have just used those instead of hydraulic rams? Cheaper is the main reason I am bringing it up.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, buy this for your lift:

Then, the four post lift is the best there is. Immagine doing brakes on the car, with a workbench under the wheel/brake area. Take the wheel off and there is a place to put tools, parts, and a cold adult beverage! try that on a two post lift. The whole rear of the car, or the entire front end comes off the lift in a few seconds. Like working on your car, on the work bench!

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, buy this for your lift:

Then, the four post lift is the best there is. Immagine doing brakes on the car, with a workbench under the wheel/brake area. Take the wheel off and there is a place to put tools, parts, and a cold adult beverage! try that on a two post lift. The whole rear of the car, or the entire front end comes off the lift in a few seconds. Like working on your car, on the work bench!

Whoa, that thing is cool. So the car rests all four wheels on the lift. You slide this under, and extend the arms to meet up with the triangular jack points, and then crank the front or rear up? Then you can raise the whole lift to working level? This does sound like the ticket.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is cool, I looked at it, but I think its like $700? So I use the 4 jack stand idea under my lifts... Can do a tire and brake and fluid change x4 under an hour...