4 vipers...4 different sounds video

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well me and a few of the guys got together today to film the cars with different setups and what not. Hopefully this will give people an idea of what these cars sound like with different things done to them and with different gen cars. I think the video came out pretty good for the time we had. Hopefully one day we can get some high speed runs in. Enjoy. Don't forget to watch in HD.
http://youtu.be/v0VzudV7tBY?hd=1

Wes

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. Perhaps the best comparison i have seen/heard on these forums. Wish My Viper was in the lineup:)

Greatjob on the video editing. What did you use to shoot/film?

rey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Job, Well done on the editing, Best yet, Thanx!!! Now we need someone to do a B&B cat back with Roe metal cats......

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice. Perhaps the best comparison i have seen/heard on these forums. Wish My Viper was in the lineup:)

Greatjob on the video editing. What did you use to shoot/film?

I used a Canon xa-10 for the video. Was going to use some go pro footage but as most know the audio ***** with them so I scrapped it. I edited using sony vegas 9.0 pro. Thanks for the comment.

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The RT/10 sounded the best, 2nd GTS, 3rd 03 SRT-10, 06 SRT-10. GTS needs cam and muffler delete to really sound good. Its hard to drive a long time with loud side pipes unless you track it. Good vid.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a Canon xa-10 for the video. Was going to use some go pro footage but as most know the audio ***** with them so I scrapped it. I edited using sony vegas 9.0 pro. Thanks for the comment.

That is some seriously awesome colors. I'm gonna have to check out that camera and vid edit combo. Even the sound was good. Did you use a quality mic?

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO that was the best exhaust video/comparison that i have seen. And really well done. Thanks. :2tu:

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is some seriously awesome colors. I'm gonna have to check out that camera and vid edit combo. Even the sound was good. Did you use a quality mic?

it was the internal mic..gonna get a better mic eventually..but I was surprised of the audio quality

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one of the best comparisons that I've seen yet. I would think that it would be well worth putting together a web site with all the South Texas combinations and a menu pick to listen to each cut. The combination of sitting still and different speeds was eye opening. It got me thinking anew about taking the cats out.:D

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments...glad everyone liked it...hopefully we can make some other videos soon

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The RT/10 sounded the best, 2nd GTS, 3rd 03 SRT-10, 06 SRT-10. GTS needs cam and muffler delete to really sound good. Its hard to drive a long time with loud side pipes unless you track it. Good vid.

I agree. The old 95 was the best sounding. Best video i have seen on this issue. Great job.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same old,same old,the usual. Can't beat the sound of 10 cylinders (rear exhaust) VS 5 cylinder side exhaust. Side exhaust cannot be too loud unless you are deaf or want to be due to the exit under your ear. Yep its the 5 cylinder UPS truck sound too no mater what you do with a side exhaust. My car has cdi 5 into 1 headers, no cats, and a corsa. Music to the ears. Too loud for a side piper but ok because its behind you. Can pass easily by a cop at constant throttle but wails under acceleration. And a good wail it is with decel popping and the occasional flame. Sorry, I am a techno geek ***** and incapable of posting a sound clip. GTS Brtce

Last edited:

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much different would the RT/10 sound without the headers? I'm thinking about putting the Roe Balenger exhaust system on my gen1 but without the headers.