4th of July parade in Bothell

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that we did register for the 4th of July :usa: parade in Bothell again this year. There were some other places under consideration which is why it was listed as TBD on the schedule but we opted to go forward with Bothell again this year.

The details will be mailed to me this week from the city of Bothell Parks department and as soon as they are recieved I will post them here and also get it to Heather/Scott for distribution to the list of WA members.

Based on last year, we had a pancake breakfast after 8 at the firehouse off Beardslee in Bothell and then had to be in the staging area by 11 am which is at Cascadia college/U of W bothell campus.

Cars need to be decorated and we need to bring candy, the more the merrier, it is not uncommon to go through more than 5 pounds of candy on this parade.

We have a few of the regulars out of town this year, so please bring:drive: your Viper out for this event to the cheers of the crowds. :2tu:

I don't yet have all the answers but will do what I can to help make this a successful event, so contact me with any questions or concerns. I will be headed to Costco for candy this weekend, another good source is Top foods...

Look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you-

James

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 10

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks James!

I would like to attend, when the details are hammered out please post the exact times and places.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the City of Bothell website:

Friday, July 4
City of Bothell Fire and E.M.S. Pancake Breakfast 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Downtown Firehouse (10726 Beardslee Blvd.)
Children’s Parade 11:15 a.m.
Line-up at 104th Avenue NE & Main Street. Parade route proceeds west on Main Street
and then north on Bothell-Everett Highway to NE 188th Street. Children must be
accompanied by an adult throughout the parade route. No supervision is provided.
Grand Parade Noon
Red, White and Bothell is this year’s theme and Bothell High School Football Coach Tom
Bainter is the Grand Marshall. Parade route proceeds west on Main Street and then
north on Bothell-Everett Highway to NE 188th Street. Parade participant applications are
available at The City of Bothell Welcomes you.....for a day or a lifetime.

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The timing looks the same as last year so I'm guessing we will need to be at staging by 11am. It would probably be a good idea to bring water bottles, as well as candy and decorations. A camera wouldn't hurt either...
Look forward to seeing everyone there!

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have a camera, someone please remind me to take it out of my pocket!! Now, which one of my boys gets to ride with me?

callahyar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great! My first time attending. are we still meeting for breakfast?

Looking forward meeting you all.

Thanks James!

Chris:drive:

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we will have at least 4 of us there for breakfast wearing some sort of Viper attire, it is pretty hard to find parking there so park wherever you can near the firehouse. Our cars usually draw quite the crowd if we are able to park in the parking lot. :)

James

OP
OP
G

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone...
Just got the information from city of Bothell we are V-51 and have spaces 1038 to 1056.
They have requested that we have the paper plaque on our dash prior to entering the staging area. Not sure how we can accomodate that request unless people want to meet me at the firehouse beforehand. I will be there around 9 am.
We need to be in the staging area on or before 11 am.
Have a Happy 4th!!!
James

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It said in your email that all cars must be decorated.
How decorated do the cars have to be?

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few pictures from this event..
DSC01160.JPG

DSC01166.JPG

DSC01163.JPG

DSC01170.JPG

And the excessive compulsive decorator awards go to James and Lori, Good job guys!!
DSC01168.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth