$5,000.00 cash back

Reaction score
I just saw there is $5,000.00 cash back on new vipers.

Whatever happened to the AARP deal ($100 over EP)?

As together -this would make it a great time to buy another Viper.

I remember the AARP promotion in the beginning was not clear to dealers, or anyone else and we were suppose to get clarification and hear the correct details from Dodge, anyone, including dealers willing to explain the correct details?

AARP deal less $5k cash back, gives me Christmas wood and pine needles all over.

Signed,
Santa

Last edited:

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SellshomesdrivesVipers, Thanks. Great info, care to share where you noticed the $5k cashback deal and how it works.

eagles

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer just told me that it was for employees only.....great, just what we needed another confusing incentive that no one knows anything about:rolleyes:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Santa I just bought one 2 weeks ago do you have any idea of how I could get back the $5000? I will even buy you a present

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, is it retroactive? I recieved my '08 in May (ordered in Dec. '07)
Any way I can pull back $5K? I know it's a longshot...

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this end by the end of the year Dec. 31st or as long as '08 are available?

Any experts know the answer to this? I would also like to know if the deal goes into the beginning of next year. Also, I know those who could get the employee discount were offered this, so now it applies to everyone? If so, do employees get even more off now?

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

2008 Dodge Viper SRT10

$5,000 cash back
A 12-mile stretch of twisting asphalt outside Nürburg, Germany is the toughest test in the world for performance cars. The 2008 Viper SRT10 is now the master of it, having posted the fastest lap time ever achieved by a production car on the ‘Ring earlier this year. But Dodge, a unit of struggling Chrysler, can't sell Vipers no matter how hard it tries. The company has considered selling off or just ending the Viper line of cars because, in these hard times, few people want to buy a world-class performance car. But if you do, Dodge is now offering $5,000 off the car before you even walk in the door -- and since you may be the first potential Viper buyer the dealer has met in quite a while, there's even room to negotiate from there.
MSRP: $85,545-$86,295
Invoice: $78,380-$79,048

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If this is true And it is not retro I hope they don't get a bail out!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I saw it on Yahoo this morning, and thought it was interesting enough to share with the membership so I posted the information.
I don't know much else, though I'm a little surprised we haven't heard from our favorite dealers.

Please send all my wrapped gifts to me prior to Christmas.
Signed,
Scrooge.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I posted about this weeks ago here, post # 17:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...-any-hidden-dealer-cash-incentives-08s-2.html

I did NOT post all the details, just an invite to call me for them, if you were serious, as opposed to just curious. (And several of you DID...And a couple of you bought VIPERS!). If you call one of the VCA's sponsor-dealers, also cited in that thread, they KNOW the scoop, and they deserve a shot at your biz.

Retroactive? I have some Barack Obama Presidential Silver Dollars I want to sell you for $29.95 ea...............sure to be valuable collector investments...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Continual misinformation...............

The money off is for Chrysler Employees and it is only those of the immediate family ( live in the same household). The term employee price gets bandied around so much , everyone thinks it means to the general public.

The AARP program is fixed for 2008s, and now does include the Coupe, whereas before it was just the vert.

That is available now, and is a great deal, as it is EP for the 50 and older set ( like me, ha,ha ) , but the plus is that Coupes are in on the deal now!! ACRs are exempt, as before, but there are so few 08s anyway -- or 09s.

Hope this helps, and the AARP program is essentially good through the end of the month.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The money off is for Chrysler Employees and it is only those of the immediate family ( live in the same household). The term employee price gets bandied around so much , everyone thinks it means to the general public.

The AARP program is fixed for 2008s, and now does include the Coupe, whereas before it was just the vert.

That is available now, and is a great deal, as it is EP for the 50 and older set ( like me, ha,ha ) , but the plus is that Coupes are in on the deal now!! ACRs are exempt, as before, but there are so few 08s anyway -- or 09s.

Hope this helps, and the AARP program is essentially good through the end of the month.

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton

Bill,
where does this say for employees only?
Best Car Deals for December- Yahoo! Autos Article Page
And there are not going to be very many employees soon so why would it not be offered to the public, do they want to sell these cars or what?

FLX109

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't care if other members on this site want to give their 08s away, but when dc offers cash back it bothers me. I am purchasing a new truck this summer (I have a 1500 now) I might just go with the Tundra.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will tell you what these incentives are meant to do: To Confuse and bait the potential viper buyer, get you into the dealership to commit and they tell you, OH, that does not include you, only chrysler employes, OH that is not for 09's only for 08's (don't you want to sell 08's & 09's?), AARP? OH are you 50? bull****, its only what the dealer wants to give you as a discount as far as I am concerned, I know dealers/saleman etc have to make money too but get it together and give us the damn price they are all the same cars except for colors. There are only two dealers as far as I am concerned that deal in vipers and are honest and will give you the full scoop that I have talked to in the last 6 months and I have caught alot of them in lies, this is all bull****, misinformation, uninformed, you are mistaken, only for them not you, hurry up and turn 50.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Respectfully submitted,
Bill Pemberton

Well Bill P I did turn the big 50 last June and I HATE YOU for posting this. :nono::D

One question, do you also get the additional $5,000 along with EP ?

Respectfully submitted,
A proud new AARP member.:)

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can see this incentive going over like a lead balloon at the company meeting: "Folks, the economy is in the tank, no one is buying our products, we are on the virge of bankruptcy and are shutting down production for at least a month, maybe longer. On the bright side, anyone considering buying a Viper to fill your idle days with enjoyment will receive a $5000 rebate..."

They could hang a %50 off sign on the Vipers for employee purchase and probably still count on one hand how many get sold.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the dealers will give you the $5000 rebate on all new Vipers including the ACR, and then give you $5000 less for your trade:eater:.....just jerkin your chain Bill. I actually don't envy the dealers right now, the more the manufacturers try to incent these cars the harder it is to try and sell one to anybody that has a trade, and the harder it becomes to try and sell a used one. The car market is quickly becoming just like the housing market....if you've got the cash it's a great time to be looking. If you are trying to sell to upgrade...forget about it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62