6CD Changer Upgrade for 97 GTS from Factory?

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there,
i saw a 6CD Changer and a Installation Kit for Sale from a 96 GTS i think.

Part Numbers are:

82202700 CD Changer
82300931 Installation Kit / Harness

Does anybody know if i can upgrade the stock Radio/CD Player with this?

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperama,
Suggesion, replace the stock radio with a new one that will deliver a MUCH better sound, an one that plays MP3 or WMA(Windows Media Auto) music files. I put in a Panasonic, and make WMA files from Windows Media Player on my computer. The big advantage is each WMA CD will hold hours of your favorite music. I have made about 7 WMA CD's with each one holding 7-10 CD's. Some have 5 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours of music. You carry, say, 6 CD's with the equivalence of at least 50 - 60 real CD's. I put in the Panasonic, model CQ-C1300U.
Later,

OP
OP
V

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a Pioneer a few years ago and replaced the Speakers with (expensive) Pioneer Units.

For my taste, the stock sounded netter than my setup.

Maybe it was wrong to replace the rear low end speakers with ordinary ones?

RED97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet the parts mentioned above for the GTS are an FM Modulator set-up for the 6-disc changer. (It broadcasts the music over an FM frequency that your radio receives over that frequency. Thats similar to how our local drive-in movies work, not what I consider CD quality)

Only the GEN-1 radio was able to connect directly to a 6-disc changer.

I have an unused 82202292 install kit from Mopar for my alpine CHMS601 6-disc that I was going to use in my 97 GTS. I would recommend changing the whole radio or live with changing cd's in the factory unit.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car had the trunk mounted changer installed when I got it. RED97GTS is correct - it plays through the radio and sounds slightly better than normal FM but certainly not close to playing a single CD in the in-dash unit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth