7/50 Extended warranty and Roadside Assitance

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had to use roadside assitance for towing? Was it a hassle/long wait through the RA program?

Just curious.

Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually had to use roadside assitance for towing? Was it a hassle/long wait through the RA program?

Just curious.

Yes, I've had to use them.
Yes it's a pain, but how to complain when guys are coming to rescue you when you're stranded?
It probably took them a couple of hours to get to where I was. (I was right outside of LA, on the freeway)

-- Greg

OP
OP
U

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see. True.

In my area, there is a crew that gets there pretty fast if you're a member of AAA. Within half an hour. Had to use them a couple of times. Just wondering what the difference was in response time, since I paid a hefty fee for the extended warranty.

Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see. True.

In my area, there is a crew that gets there pretty fast if you're a member of AAA. Within half an hour. Had to use them a couple of times. Just wondering what the difference was in response time, since I paid a hefty fee for the extended warranty.

Yeah, YMMV.
I've used them multiple times, and sometimes they were there within an hour, sometimes it took them way longer.
I guess it depends the day and time of your call, and how many other folks are ahead of you on the stranded list...

-- Greg