7" Center Speaker Replacement

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good 7" speaker to replace the factory center speaker? I have just replaced my two side speakers and they sound good, however the center speaker is now struggling to keep up. Since it is a weird size, I am having a hard time finding a replacement. For those that have upgraded your sound, what did you do to replace that speaker?

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok thank you for the information. I want something that will fit without having to cut or hack anything up. What on the JL has a problem fitting? Is it to large of a magnet? I don't mind having a kicker either.

Edit. Just read the fitmemt problem with the JL

Last edited:

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the jl 6w0 4ohm fits just have to take rubber magnet cover off. Sounds better if you close the port in the box. It also lines up with existing speaker holes. pm if you need me help.

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about doing this with the gen III? There would be no box behind the speakers but maybe you could use the cover as a box instead:confused: Would this work?
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the jl 6w0 4ohm fits just have to take rubber magnet cover off. Sounds better if you close the port in the box. It also lines up with existing speaker holes. pm if you need me help.
Ok I will be sending you a PM. To be able to take out the center speaker it looks like you have to take off the entire center back piece, is that true? That thing is a pain to take off as I will have to take out the seats. I will probably be going with the Kicker so I don't have to mess with the rubber magnet cover on the JL audio, do they both sound about the same or is the JL better?

OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was actually just looking at that picture the other day. I am sure that I could modify mine for 2 custom 8" speakers like that but I really dont want to cut holes in my piece.

What about doing this with the gen III? There would be no box behind the speakers but maybe you could use the cover as a box instead:confused: Would this work?
You must be registered for see images attach

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind cutting mine.Its that i dont know if the back peice would be good eneogh to use as a box:dunno: Its not air tight and could possibly rattle.

Edit-Actually looking at it i dont think you can make the holes any bigger.Option b please.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I guess that is why they stuck the 6.5" sub instead of an 8". There just isn't any room for much. Obviously they didnt have music in mind when they built the Viper :D Now why would they skimp on that :dunno: ;) Must be the exhaust music to my ears. :headbang: