708 camshaft

sircumference

Viper Owner
Reaction score
has anyone the exact specs on the 708 camshaft info required is timings at advertised lift and at 050 lift durations / lift lift at TDC etc .thnaks for your help . I have 2 silver 1999 ACRs here in new zealand .both are being used for racing and are not show ponies ,

OP
OP
S

sircumference

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks to a fellow owner I now have the info . In nz there are less than 20 Vipers so i am told and mine is the only one that is raced regulray , who cares if a new Acr comes along .and whips its behind good on the owner if he does . 3rd overall in NZ in the trans ams is not bad for a road car against space frame cars and these are real road / race events [ over 2000 miles of racing 50 plus races last year. ] . race on the weekend and get the groceries on Monday ,

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on being well up inthe racing standings. Living in New Zealand you may have to come to North America to see an '08 ACR. I wonder if they'll build more than 200?

I think he meant LS9 and I wonder how many will be built. Since they're only 620hp (rated) it shouldn't take more than a 6.5# Roe sc to kick it's ass anyway.

Ted

OP
OP
S

sircumference

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you go to Welcome To Rover V8 you will see my website and some of my previous race cars and history . I need the std cam info so i can then work out another cam for one of the engines , you need info before you can fit other parts , so apples can be checked with apples . also go to NZ Super Sedans - Home Page to see race results and reports , . One day i may be able to tell you the actuall power curves torque with a few different parts as tested on my bench dyno . [ do not hazzle me for the results however ] it all takes time and lots of it . I do not want to tweak the engine too much [ been there done that with other engines ] I am involved with a viper here in NZ that has 800 Bhp at 6000rpm at the flywheel and is normally aspirated.