Sorry about the delay, but here is the dyno chart of the 751HP Paxton SC SRT-10
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its the standard Paxton kit with our DLM/VOS high horsepower upgrade with custom Split-Sec programming.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I am a little skeptical. Sorry, but seeing as I have a Paxton and have witnessed it in the dyno I believe I have some basis.

Most Paxton cars I have observed dynoed around 650 RWHP at close to redline. Now this car boasts 751 RWHP at 5750 rpm??? How?

Now I know of an SRT engine that ran on an engine dyno with a Paxton. Running a city water cooled intercooler and near MBT timing it only ran 700 hp (crankshaft). With 8.5 psi maxiumum (there was no indication of a ratio change) the theoretical increase in power for a stock engine is about 58% (this assumes a zero power loss supercharger). That would net about 800 crankshaft horsepower. The supercharger itself really draws about 60-70 crankshaft horsepower. That nets 730-740 crankshaft horsepower. The reality is that at that level of performance some spark retard and added fuel is needed to keep the engine safe. that is what reduces it down to about 700 hp at the crankshaft. That is in line with both chassis dyno results and the engine dyno result. Both with dynos certified.

So how does this magically create 750 at the wheels? I am dumbfounded. Not a naysayer per se, but in this instance think of me as being from Missouri (I did live in Kansas for 4 years so I was close!).

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bill,

I hope this engine has forged pistons!

Dan

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any dyno can spit out big numbers, but what you really need to look for is the % change. Granted, with the baseline run, we didn't run it out completely, but that was because it was breaking up at higher rpms.

You must be registered for see images

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow nice numbers :2tu: But what mods did the car have done to be making the 592/606 baseline numbers?

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops. Didnt mention it came with the Paxton SC on it already. The installation was a little rough and the car wasnt running right. We pretty much re-did the install and added some extra mods.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know everyone says Mustang Dyno's show less power but for some reason the one at VOS always produce numbers that are way above normal. I would love to see this car on a Dynojet just for an apples to apples comparison. Does the owner plan on taking this car to the drag strip? What does everyone think a car with 750rwhp trap? I would guess at least 140.

The difference from the base run to the tuned run is very impressive even though the base runs were not up to a high enough RPM to hit the HP or TQ peaks.

OP
OP
B

Bill M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't exactly tell you why our dyno seems to read higher than other Mustang dynos, although I do know we have run cars that have been previously run on Dynojets and our readings have still been lower.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In GA, we have a couple of SRT's that are SC'd w/ the paxton kit. 10lb of boost (stock except for the paxton kit) they each produce about 700rwhp and about 700 tq. The 751 # doesn't sound that far off to me at all.

just my .02...

JD

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the SRT Paxton kit only produced 8 1/2 psi. How do those GA cars produce more?

All the numbers I have seen are also around 650 RWHP for stock Paxton and up to around 700 if other changes are included (headers, catback, etc).

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6400viper_d_700rwhp_dyno_sheet_compressed-med.jpg

hahaha

gr8 asp

maybe you should come to NY to see some other srt's run on the dyno!

with stock headers, no internals, no watermeth (yet!!!) on pump gas, no nos

just some good parts from doug levin and a good tune from bill ma @(visionsofspeed.net)

vd.. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
BlueGTS,

Not quite 140's. 130's depending upon many factors.

Dan