9 Second 1/4 mile

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the best route to go 9 seconds in the 1/4? Will a s/c do that? or only TT? Obviously it depends on the driver, but what is the typical HP required to do it?

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your question is lacking most of the key elements to have a educated reply. What generation of car, what tire, suspension etc? Nice to see another local on here!

OP
OP
D

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry...a 1998 GTS. Pretty much stock everything....

I believe I PM'd you a while ago to see if you know any other local viper owners that work on Vipers on the side. Maybe I am mistaken though.

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked this over on the alley a few years ago.. It has been done with 800whp, stock everything, sticky tires.. Practice and luck are key with this route obviously..

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry...a 1998 GTS. Pretty much stock everything....

I believe I PM'd you a while ago to see if you know any other local viper owners that work on Vipers on the side. Maybe I am mistaken though.

Not sure but feel free to PM me I'm very close to you!

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked this over on the alley a few years ago.. It has been done with 800whp, stock everything, sticky tires.. Practice and luck are key with this route obviously..

You deff don't need 800Whp to run a 9 if you have a decent tire on the car!

ElevatortecGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
best option 9 second 1/4..,,IS A tall cliff...least 1/4 high....... thats what we tell the vette guys...closes they get to terminal velocity.. or a 123MPH QUARTER..

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great to see someone run a 9sec pass all motor pump gas pass. The viper has always suffered from POS heads but with these Gen 4/5 heads flowing as much air as they do when ported, someone should try it. Get one of these engines to sing to at least 7200rpm with atleast 550ci and a big solid roller cam, I don't see why it's not possible to build a N/A 9sec Viper on pump gas.

What would be needed:

Ported Gen 4/5 intake
Ported Gen 4/5 heads
2"primary, tuned length header.
Big Solid Roller cam
HD valve springs
Ti Valves
Aluminum pushrods
1.75 Roller Rockers
11.0:1cr (min maybe more like 11.5:1)
3" Exhaust
550+ ci Short Block (Hennessy did 610ci, but never seen proof Sal ran 585ci with much success).
Dry Sump oil system
remove 200lbs from the car (no need to hack it up)

The Big thing with N/A over FI is you can really capitalize on P:W ratio. With any FI system you end up adding weight. With N/A you will always be lighter. Keep the car @ 3400lbs race weight w/ driver and 700rwhp should do it. Pleanty of calculators out there will confirm that. Granted...you will need to drive the car very well... 3200lbs race weight with driver and 750rwhp is a pretty safe bet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets