94 Viper anti theft lock out

venom94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to start the car yesterday and anti theft would not allow. Battery seemed a little low but still started briefly. Remote does not work. Any ideas?

impalassed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same issue I had with my 94. I removed the SAM from its mount and let it dangle. Viper started every time. Put it back and car would not start. Suspected the harness when mounted was pulling ever so slightly on the circuit board connector in just the right way to cause a bad connection. When left dangling it would not. SAM removed. Car starts every time now.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your battery is more than a few years old... just get a new one and be done with it.
These cars have been known to get into the dreaded "security lockout loop" when the battery goes too low... at which point you tow it a viper tech so he can un-program it then re-program it.

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea I programed mine with a ball pean hammer now it never gives me a problem.... :drive:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
venom94, glad you solved the problem. However, may I respectfully suggest that you modify your post to delete the critical info on the alarm disable. If not, I suspect that the Moderators will delete it at some point. REMEMBER, this is an open forum read by anyone...including car crooks.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, and I fumbled for three days... Wanna know another solution? I have It. but I ain't tellin'.... haha

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put in a new battery. It was only two years old. The good news it has a two year exchange policy if something is wrong. Battery would not hold a charge anymore. Tried everthing first to by pass the securty, even the 20 times on the ignition. Remember to hit your key fob to unlock first after you change your battery or it will go into the securtiy mode again. I have never had to go to a tech to get it reprogramed. Sounds like a waste of money.

OP
OP
V

venom94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moderators?? You think your funny? Don't you have something better to do?

OP
OP
V

venom94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fumbled for one day. Found a solution but I can't tell on this forum. You get turned in to the moderators and deleted.

David Western

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aloha from the land of earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, hurricanes, and Vipers that won't start. I am having the security engine start disabled issue on my 94 RT10. New battery installed and new battery in key fob. I would be most appreciative if anyone can tell me how to disable the alarm so that I never have to deal with it again. I bought the car a year ago after it was wrecked. I am a self employed semi retired old coot who just want's to drive my car before I'm dead! Thanks guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In a stock, undamaged Gen I Viper, this is easy to do. Once one has modified the wiring or done a wreck rebuild, the success rate may be less.

Does the alarm work now?

Feel free to call me, noting that I am on EDT...AND, am also an " retired old coot" that goes to bed early. 317-402-9013

David Western

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hat tip Steve-Indy, apparently the problem is with the clutch switch alignment. She's starting and running. Oddly...I do not hear the fuel pump. In any event, my enthusiasm for restoring the car has returned!