96 Gts Vin 200012

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this 96 GTS from Jeff Detweiler in Farmington Hills, MI last July. Car was built May 20. 1996, and delivered to Bloomfield Dodge. Jon B and Maurice Liang have a list of Chrysler executives and VCA members who got the first GTS cars and for some reason this serial number is missing. The car was bought by Jeff Detweiler from Southfield Dodge on 8/13/04 and the original owner had left it with them to sell on consignment.

As the 96 GTS models were only sold to prior Viper owners, an most of the early production went to Chrysler execs or VCA members, someone should have some knowledge of the original owner to complete the history of this car. Original owner was in the Detroit area and owned this car from the date it was first titles 6/27/96 until the sale to Mr. Detweiler on 8/13/04. It had 9863 miles on the clock at the time Mr. Detweiler purchased it and 17,190 miles at the time I purchased it. I am the third owner according to Carfax and the Carfax history is clean.

The car did have a "Shake Rumble and Roll" sticker on the dash when I got it from the 1997 VOI in Orlando and a license plate frame from the same event. It also had the wiring and radar sensor left over from in the grill radar detector that had been installed at one time.

I would appreaciate any knowledge anyone has of this car's original owner.

Also, If someone knows how to contact Don Ouellette, he was active in the VCA in the Detroit area and had a 96 GTS at the same time. He may know something about the original owner.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. This car has to have some unique history to have the 200012 VIN and I would like to know what it was. I have the complete history back to the original sale on my 94 RT/10.

Don Peterson
VCA Venom Member 11111
Jacksonville, FL
[email protected]
(904)260-8065

OP
OP
S

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found some more information. John R. Slavsky, CEO of Imperial Marketing, a Chrysler supplier. Anyone here know him? Is he still a VCA member, and if so, what does he go by?

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
sdaddy,

Jay Slavsky is no longer a member of MCVO. You might try reaching him at Imperial
directly: 248-353-0950. Hope this helps.

Zach

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sdaddy, Glad you got the info from Zach. I remember working at Chrysler back then pulling the vin's up in the system to see the owners. As you have found out while not an employee, this guy was special, that's who got the early cars Chrysler or supplier VIPs. Nice to have a low vin on a very special viper!

OP
OP
S

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sdaddy, Glad you got the info from Zach. I remember working at Chrysler back then pulling the vin's up in the system to see the owners. As you have found out while not an employee, this guy was special, that's who got the early cars Chrysler or supplier VIPs. Nice to have a low vin on a very special viper!

It is always nice to know a car's complete history. I have been asking about this one on VCA and Viper Alley since I got it last July.