96 RT 10 Starting problems

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is the second time this has happened. Got the car about one month ago. The car both mornings turned over but would not start. Seems like not getting a spark. Both times this has happened the car was not garaged overnight with just a tanau cover. Both times we did get morning dew. The last time it happened it started right up after I got home from work. Could it be that it is damp? Car has been in rain without issue. Has anyone else had this happen? if so, what is the fix? Would be grateful for any help and/or suggestions.

Mark

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
How old is your battery? Have YOU inspected the battery terminals and the cable connectors for corrosion ?

OP
OP
H

herbbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Battery is about 2yrs. Have not pull the wheel to see connections. Ground and jump port are clean. Car cranks like crazy, I think it is dampness maybe with the computer. Car started fine around 9:30am. There was no dew or fog then. The carpet was damp but not wet. Drove it most of the day, had no problems. Have to say I really like driving this Viper.
Mark

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the battery! Had the same thing happen on a Chevrolet Blazer. Cranked all day long but wouldn't start. Try Jumping the car when it does this. If it starts while being jumped then the battery is SHOT!

Goodluck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4