96RT10 side windows

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 96RT10 and need to know if I can run with the rag type standard side windows without having the top on?

Seems like a dumb question but I have never had them out of the packet before.

My RHD conversion is finally completed and I am flying to Melbourne to get the car. I am going to drive it from coast to coast back to Perth. I don't think this has ever been done before in a Viper.
Should be a great adventure and I will post pictures next week.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The upper front corner is a low pressure area. You can test this by unzipping the window and see that the vinyl gets pulled "closed."

Without the velcro (I know, how heavy duty can that be?) holding the top front to the roof, the window alone may be pulled outward (at some high rate of vehicle speed.) I suspect once the leading edge penetrates the airflow around the windshield, it will peel over pretty quick.

Maybe the safest is to unzip the window and see what happens. If the "suction" is really bad, it would pull the vinyl through the frame rather than the entire window.

I'm jealous - about 2000 miles?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The upper front corner is a low pressure area. You can test this by unzipping the window and see that the vinyl gets pulled "closed."

Without the velcro (I know, how heavy duty can that be?) holding the top front to the roof, the window alone may be pulled outward (at some high rate of vehicle speed.) I suspect once the leading edge penetrates the airflow around the windshield, it will peel over pretty quick.

Maybe the safest is to unzip the window and see what happens. If the "suction" is really bad, it would pull the vinyl through the frame rather than the entire window.

I'm jealous - about 2000 miles?

Being a 96' RT/10 (plus being arguably the best color combo of all-time :D ) his windows should be the hard plastic sliding ones so there is no vinyl to be sucked out due to wind pressure. He should be able to slide the window open and be on his merry way

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62