97 blue/white gts, possibly for sale, price tbd

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kids, bills, wife, home theater, etc. thinking of selling her :confused: would like input on price. she is as follows...

97 blue/white gts w/ corsa 3" exhaust, forged wheels, black leather interior, custom car cover, sheepskins (not currently on seats but will go with car) autoform adjustable racing wing, recently replaced front tires,... just installed random tech hi-flow cats (awesome sound), k&n filters (snake hiss under hood), chrome tubes, aluminum racing pedals, viper seatbelt pads, mgw triple chrome license plate holder, red magnecor racing wires & new plugs, both side sills just repainted, entire car in process of claybarring & zainoing. just turned over 66k miles.

this car drives like a dream. never tracked or raced or dynoed. previous owner was an older gentlemen that put mostly highway miles on her driving back n forth between maryland & pennsylvania. sold car to me at 59k miles a few months ago.

thoughts on best price??? any input appreciated.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mods will get you nothing in fact stock would bring more money. The miles will also detract from the normal B/W GTS. About 40K-45K would be right for your car. Nice looking car indeed. :2tu: :usa:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 96 has 67,000 and it's just now getting right ;) Many Viper "polishers" will hesitate at the miles, but as you and I (and Chuck) know.....it's no big deal.

pm me the ballpark price, I know someone looking.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any problems with the engine, tranny, clutch, rear end? Has the head gaskets been replaced? I'm thinking high $30s/low $40s. Bonus points if you have the stock parts. I'm in the market for a B/W. The mileage will scare away some buyers, but not all. I'm not too big on the wing, but I'm sure it could be easily removed, right?

I could just write you a check for $46K and take delivery of the car at Tony's after he puts on the blower. That way my wife would never know about paying for any mods that i told her I would not be getting. :D

Good Luck! :2tu:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well...
Give me a price cause I know someone looking...

OP
OP
charlesj

charlesj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cyaford - no problems with anything - engine, trans, rear, or otherwise. head gaskets replaced? not to my knowledge. car has no leaks and drives & sounds awesome. wing totally unbolts from car in 5 minutes. in fact, it is off right now to make detailing car easier. if you are considering blower from tony, i would have to insist on a buy-back clause in the contract. oh, and if you like your wife, don't get this car. you'll never see her again.

viper23 - i am trying to determine what a fair price would be for my car, not to sell my car. so far it seems fair price would be anywhere between 40 - 45k. if i could sell quick without hastle, low 40s, if i have to pay to advertise and take time with calls & prospects, a little more. i am totally torn. this car is my dream car & would break my heart to sell her, but like i posted earlier, my financial situation and other priorities in my life at this point, i don't know if it is feasible for me to keep her. all these thoughts plague me and then i go down to my garage & open the door & there she is & i fall in love all over again & have to apologize to her for ever thinking of breaking up with her.

matt - dude, we have to hook-up sometime. let me know.

other viper bros - any more input on fair price would be appreciated....

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep her..Im sorry I sold mine..you'll be sorry! Cant replace a car like that for that price..LIFE IS TOO SHORT..TREAT YOURSELF, YOU DESERVE IT AND YOUR WIFE SHOULD UNDERSTAND..Happy holidays..

Adam

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cyaford - no problems with anything - engine, trans, rear, or otherwise. head gaskets replaced? not to my knowledge. car has no leaks and drives & sounds awesome. wing totally unbolts from car in 5 minutes. in fact, it is off right now to make detailing car easier. if you are considering blower from tony, i would have to insist on a buy-back clause in the contract. oh, and if you like your wife, don't get this car. you'll never see her again.

viper23 - i am trying to determine what a fair price would be for my car, not to sell my car. so far it seems fair price would be anywhere between 40 - 45k. if i could sell quick without hastle, low 40s, if i have to pay to advertise and take time with calls & prospects, a little more. i am totally torn. this car is my dream car & would break my heart to sell her, but like i posted earlier, my financial situation and other priorities in my life at this point, i don't know if it is feasible for me to keep her. all these thoughts plague me and then i go down to my garage & open the door & there she is & i fall in love all over again & have to apologize to her for ever thinking of breaking up with her.

matt - dude, we have to hook-up sometime. let me know.

other viper bros - any more input on fair price would be appreciated....

If you only had it for a few months I would guess your purchase price would be a good starting point.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that you are dead on in your numbers. The 40k would be alittle low. You would find a buyer at about 42k in my opinion. 45k may be stretching it a bit, but hey, it looks like a nice vehicle. There is no telling what a person would be willing to pay for the right color. Best of luck with the sale if you decide on parting with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets