98 Viper flips yesterday in Cali...........

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to know how that happened. I-5 is pretty busy, 4:40pm, even though it was Thanksgiving there must have been lots of traffic, was he cut off or...?

Too bad for the brother, glad to see everyone is alive.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't imagine a Viper rolling over unless it was going really fast. Reading the first sentence, you would think they were talking about an SUV.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Lost three fingers? Eewww! Gnarly accident, that one.

Condolences to all involved. Lets be safe out there.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would be hard to live with if you were the driver and your brother loses 3 fingers due to your accident. Regardless of the circumstances, hard to live with.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lost three fingers? Eewww! Gnarly accident, that one.

Condolences to all involved. Lets be safe out there.

Probably wouldn't have happened if the Viper has an OS (Oh ****) bar on the roof. The window was probably down and he reached outside to brace himself. yeeeowwwch!

At least they're both alive. My sympathies to the brother. This is a good reminder for us to always put safety first, especially during the cold months.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if it was a GTS or RT. Always been curious to see a RT sports bar after a roll.

Someone mentioned the finger loss due to a down window, how about a RT holding onto the windshiled frame. No matter how you look at it, it is sad and would be very painful.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would like to know how that happened. I-5 is pretty busy, 4:40pm, even though it was Thanksgiving there must have been lots of traffic, was he cut off or...?
Actually, the article said, "rolled over on Camino Las Ramblas near the Santa Ana (I-5) Freeway", i.e., not on I-5, but a surface street. As I recall, that street is basically the PCH/Hwy1 on the west side of I-5, and is Camino Las Ramblas on the east side of I-5, which makes it only a mile or so long, and is a divided multi-lane for about half a mile or less, then not divided, with lots of cross streets.

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your not holding on to the steering wheel, the car can get away from you quick. ( note to self, keep both hands on the steering wheel)

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your not holding on to the steering wheel, the car can get away from you quick. ( note to self, keep both hands on the steering wheel)

I had both hands on the wheel while I totalled my first RT/10. It can get away no matter what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper