A Big "Thank You" to Prefix & Dick Winkles

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I own a 2009 ACR which is a dedicated track car.

I recently decided to add the upper canards, similar to the ACR-X, to my car; however, I couldn't find a mounting template anywhere on-line or from any vendors.

While doing research here, I came across an old thread that mentioned Prefix may have a mounting template for the canards.

I sent an email to Prefix's sales department asking if they have a mounting template. I received a quick response from their Sales Manager, Lori, who stated she forwarded my request to the Viper engine Guru himself, Mr. Dick Winkles.

Mr. Winkles sent me an equally quick response stating he would check with SRT boss, Mike Shinedling (another SRT legend) about the mounting template.

The following day, I received a follow-up email from Mr. Winkles in which Mr. Shinedling provided mounting instructions and a picture showing exact measurements, placement, and angels of the upper canards....thus eliminating my need to "guestimate" the correct measurements and placement (and ultimately screw it up LOL).

I want to give a very big "thank you" to Prefix for their fast response, and most importantly, to Mr. Winkles & Mr. Shinedling for taking the time to help and support the Viper community and its' owners.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That's great to hear! You might consider posting the information here in case anyone else is ever looking for it.

Shaggy

Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello all,

I own a 2009 ACR which is a dedicated track car.

I recently decided to add the upper canards, similar to the ACR-X, to my car; however, I couldn't find a mounting template anywhere on-line or from any vendors.

While doing research here, I came across an old thread that mentioned Prefix may have a mounting template for the canards.

I sent an email to Prefix's sales department asking if they have a mounting template. I received a quick response from their Sales Manager, Lori, who stated she forwarded my request to the Viper engine Guru himself, Mr. Dick Winkles.

Mr. Winkles sent me an equally quick response stating he would check with SRT boss, Mike Shinedling (another SRT legend) about the mounting template.

The following day, I received a follow-up email from Mr. Winkles in which Mr. Shinedling provided mounting instructions and a picture showing exact measurements, placement, and angels of the upper canards....thus eliminating my need to "guestimate" the correct measurements and placement (and ultimately screw it up LOL).

I want to give a very big "thank you" to Prefix for their fast response, and most importantly, to Mr. Winkles & Mr. Shinedling for taking the time to help and support the Viper community and its' owners.

Have you.posted pics of this track car? If not, please do! :nunu: