A&C Performance Dyno tune and Guage pod

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is another thumbs up thread to Todd and Mike at A&C Performance in Murrieta,CA.

I heard about them on the Viper Alley. Todd answered alot of questions and I felt comfortable going to visit him. I wanted to try someone new out. I felt he is in it for the joy and fun of tuning, versus ripping you off or charging a Viper tax premium like another tuner I delt with.

So I drove down friday from San Jose, he was going to open up on a saturday for me. It ended up that he fit me in late friday night and stayed till midnight getting my car done, so that I would have more time on Saturday to visit my Dad down there. While I was there he did a dyno tune for my Paxton and then installed a guage pod he had made and anodized it in a black finish for me. He recomended I go with the AEM digital guage. Im glad I did, very easy to read. I was going to go with the Innovate G2 guage, it looks similar to stock guages but is a needle and i figured it would be harder to tell the exact A/F. Lastly they did a custom alignment on my car. I had lowered it with Motons but never aligned, because it tracked well enough and didnt show signs of odd tire wear. But I noticed driving it the past day, it seems more stable in the turns after the alignment. Im very happy.

He fixed my A/f, I picked up alot of midrange torque and hp.He had tuned my other computer I sent him and then on dyno he weaked the Spilt Second box. I couldnt overlay his graph on my dyno jet one with stock tune, but looking at it I saw areas of 30-60 hp difference in the midrange. And now with the dyno tune, this thing pulls even harder in 3-4th gears. The midrange is great and the tune is nice and safe. I had leaned out with stock computer,now I dont have to worry about driving hard. And this is on pump 91 octane. He uses a dyno dynamics. The base readings were close to what I dyno'd on a dynojet,so I feel the machines read similar, but Im going to dyno this week on my regular dyno to compare. His machine doesnt smoothe out readings like they typically do on dynojet. Heres a pic of install of guage and dyno sheet.

Again thanks to A&C Performance, Id highly recommend them!!!! :2tu:
A&C Performance
26765 Madison Ave Suite 102
Murrieta, CA 92562
951-696-0500

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For comparison here is my stock computer Paxton dyno, I will dyno this week on the dyno jet again and post up results.
Also, stock computer with the richer 8.1 disc in the fcu it was still very lean up top. It would get real fat down lown, so thats why I didnt have the torque, but then to get the 650 rwhp on stock computer it was going up into the mid to high 12's on AFR readings. Im very glad i tuned it otherwise Im sure i would have had problems eventually. I tend to live at redline when im out playing on the weekends. lol

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well it definatly looks like you picked up some big power in the mid range...also looks like his dyno gave you around 25 hp more than the dyno jet, I'm curious to see what you end up pulling back on the usual dynojet.

Any idea why the graph fluctuates so much? Belt slip or maybe the dyno? Smoothing will give or take 4-5 hp or so...your graph shows a 25hp/tq dip at 4400 (where the tq is still climbing) If it's belt slip you don't want to over tighten that tensioner...at your power level, it might not be worth even messing with it.

That car is damn fast and the fireballs it shoots out at night are really cool!!:drive:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got back from taking a ride with MikeR:quack:. that gauge pod looks pretty good. Where he put it it is out of the way but visible and it blends in well with the rest of the gauges.

also hooked the laptop up to the split second box to moniter the boost...it doesn't slip so I don't know what the 4500 rpm dip is all about.

.....need to do a couple roll on runs with my car and see how they stack up

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im curious to hear how it lines up with yours on the street. good numbers mike. congrats

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinking some more about your fluctuating graph......05's have knock sensors, maybe they are picking up some knock and pulling timing?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your pre-tuned curves look better, they were smoother. The after-tuned combo might be safer A/F-wise, but that dip isn't desirable. Hard to compare HP between two different dynos also, will you be returning to the first dyno shop to do a comparison of before/after?

I dig that AEM gauge and the location, I'd like to do that to mine.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MIke you are in need of gas, breaking the speed limit, and need to put more miles on that copperhead

This is another thumbs up thread to Todd and Mike at A&C Performance in Murrieta,CA.

I heard about them on the Viper Alley. Todd answered alot of questions and I felt comfortable going to visit him. I wanted to try someone new out. I felt he is in it for the joy and fun of tuning, versus ripping you off or charging a Viper tax premium like another tuner I delt with.

So I drove down friday from San Jose, he was going to open up on a saturday for me. It ended up that he fit me in late friday night and stayed till midnight getting my car done, so that I would have more time on Saturday to visit my Dad down there. While I was there he did a dyno tune for my Paxton and then installed a guage pod he had made and anodized it in a black finish for me. He recomended I go with the AEM digital guage. Im glad I did, very easy to read. I was going to go with the Innovate G2 guage, it looks similar to stock guages but is a needle and i figured it would be harder to tell the exact A/F. Lastly they did a custom alignment on my car. I had lowered it with Motons but never aligned, because it tracked well enough and didnt show signs of odd tire wear. But I noticed driving it the past day, it seems more stable in the turns after the alignment. Im very happy.

He fixed my A/f, I picked up alot of midrange torque and hp.He had tuned my other computer I sent him and then on dyno he weaked the Spilt Second box. I couldnt overlay his graph on my dyno jet one with stock tune, but looking at it I saw areas of 30-60 hp difference in the midrange. And now with the dyno tune, this thing pulls even harder in 3-4th gears. The midrange is great and the tune is nice and safe. I had leaned out with stock computer,now I dont have to worry about driving hard. And this is on pump 91 octane. He uses a dyno dynamics. The base readings were close to what I dyno'd on a dynojet,so I feel the machines read similar, but Im going to dyno this week on my regular dyno to compare. His machine doesnt smoothe out readings like they typically do on dynojet. Heres a pic of install of guage and dyno sheet.

Again thanks to A&C Performance, Id highly recommend them!!!! :2tu:
A&C Performance
26765 Madison Ave Suite 102
Murrieta, CA 92562
951-696-0500

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MIke you are in need of gas, breaking the speed limit, and need to put more miles on that copperhead

I think Im going thru more gas and miles now that I got the Paxton. I cant keep from driving it and for some reason I cant stay out of the Boost range.:D

Im getting close to retiring this thing, it just broke 15k miles. :lmao:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy it. That is what it is for and why you put the money into it. Unfortunately for me i havent been behind the wheel for months since I have ben consumed by a real estate venture i am working on. ***** but i will be behind the wheel soon. Who knows maybe a blower is in my future also...

I think Im going thru more gas and miles now that I got the Paxton. I cant keep from driving it and for some reason I cant stay out of the Boost range.:D

Im getting close to retiring this thing, it just broke 15k miles. :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R