ABS removal racecar!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever thought about removing your ABS, no, you just wouldn't as the brakes on Gen3/4 street car are superb! So I thought I post up this project I was involved in, I was very curious to see first of all how much weight could be saved, so pulled out the full pedal box, master cylinders, servo, ABS module, and installed a race pedal box with adjustable brake bias and no servo, weight saving was 11 lbs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Pedal feel is solid, you can't be feeble when pressing the brake pedal, but once dialled in, for track application you can really jump on it and modulate the bite.

Looking to save more weight, I ripped out the whole car loom! The Comp Coupes come with the OE Gen3 loom, the battery cables are still in the bundle to the rear position, even though the race battery is in the passenger area, and a bunch of other wires and relays are present but not used. It took ages making a new loom, but the end result was, neat, functional, and 10 lbs weight saving. I also installed new build race engine, dry sump, inconel headers, trans, diff, drive shafts, suspension, steering parts, etc. The car is GT2 spec which is pretty special, and with a full flat bottom carbon floor.

I now must give some attentrion to one one I race (black / white) But after spending nearly a year working on the GT2 car, and I'm just head over heels in love...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj1hH-2zRGI[/media]

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Is that the new one with the 8.4 liter motor and Emco DV46 ?. I thought those were for GT3. Looks good.

Oops, just watched the video. I guess it is the Emco.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love your pedal set up/spacing for better heel toeing etc.. Wished the factory had done something like this for the Gen 4. Right Herb???

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you like it, I posted here in the Gen3 because of the interest in track prepping street cars, and a lot of the GT3 spec Comp Coupe are OE parts out the factory! Its the Holinger sequential as was used in the GTS-R... small OD flywheel and bellhousing, solid cradle mounted and reversed mount Tilton starter. The throttle response is truly amazing with this flywheel and triple carbon clutch. The engine is built from a 2005 Gen3 block, which I had skimmed to give perfect deck height for target quench, and was fitted with Darton ductile iron sleeves, which are very stout. OE crankshaft full precision balanced, and keyway for race dampener. JE forged high compression race pistons, wrist pins double tapered, forged K1 race 4340 steel I-beam connecting rods. Custom grind race cam (close to GTS-R specs) Cloyes Performance timing chain. Mopar Performance hydraulic lifters, 3/8” heavy wall, double taper pushrods. J.M. stage 3 CNC race heads, 2.040” intake valve, 1.600” exhaust valve, on custom MLS Cometic head gaskets, ARP stud and nuts. Dry sump system, was a re-worked GTS-R pump specific for Gen3 system. The CR was 10.6:1 which made for the punchy motor with that cam. The headers were made in UK from a CAD file, in Inconel (saved 8kg) and were burns-style merged. It was possible to tune to 700 bhp on race gas, but for endurance the tune was to around 650 bhp and 640 ft lbs. :love:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!! Thanks Nadine!! The sound is awesome....I couldn't tell if it was just higher compression, or whether you'd redone everything inside including cam to get that "burble".

Regards,
Aaron

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62