Absolute throttle position

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the EASE software to monitor all the data available through OBDB-II and to watch whether there is an abnormal status after modifying the car (exhaust, PCM [soon], ...).

Before and after I changed my exhaust system, I monitored values between 17% and 80% of absolute throttle position (TP). All other values seem to be OK!

The Service Manual says: TP should be 0% (idle) to 100% (WOT).
My car shows at idle 17% and at WOT 80%.......???

Anybody here who can explain the difference? May be the EU PCM?
Thanks!

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Markus,

I believe that at idle car should read 0 if yours is showing 17% then your idle should be pretty high, at WOT you only get 80% is therre anything obstructing the pedal ie. floor mat. If not then have someone depress ther accelerator while you look at TB's and verify that they are opening all the way if not you will need to adjust them.

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correct, the idle is around 700 rpm. ok?

Even at ZERO RPM (Ignition switch on, engine is not running!) the value reads 17%...?

I will check the throttle, cable, gas pedal, etc.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That reading seems to be the norm for that software. I believe it is a Generic OBDII software, and not all cars start and end with the same TPS voltage (some are 4v, some are 5v, etc).I don't think anything is wrong. This reading is right in line with the last several cars we have seen. It is showing you a percentage based upon a generic reading. It you want to double check it, hook up a voltage meter to your TPS wire and check it there. I bet you will find the voltage is in line with what the manual states.
Hope this helps!
-Wayne

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GonaBite, Wayne: Thanks a lot for your help. Since everything else is ok I guess it is a kind of "mis-interpretation" between the voltage/sensor and the generic software.

The throttle body shaft moves 90° between idle and WOT, as it should be (no abstacles under pedal or cable probs).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave