Accufab Throttle Body Help Please

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed new Accufab throttle bodies (70mm) and now my idle stays around 1800 rpm's. Any ideas what is causing the high idle?

At idle, both TB's are at their fully closed position and there is no binding or hanging of the linkage. I am running a paxton blower, and it idled fine before with the stock TB's.

DVS_V10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
has you reflashed your ECU for this mod. not that you should have to but with the blower it might be worth checking into.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the idle issue is an adjustment issue. but if you manually muck w/ the adjustment, accufab won't warrantee the TBs anymore. call them and see waht they have to say. that's your best bet at the moment.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Accufab 70mm were idling a little high (around 1300) when I installed them with a Roe setup. I disconnected the IAC harness and backed the set screw out 1/2 turn waited about ten minuets then reconnected the IAC and now it idles around 650 but sometimes it will swing (500-1000). I believe the pcm is supposed to control the idle through the IAC but if it's getting too much air or the IAC is stuck it will not come down

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm pretty lucky then. I have 70mm TB's on mine and it idles like it was stock.

OP
OP
J

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it fixed. The problem was the tab that is on the drivers side throttle body; that goes in the TPS sensor, was too wide. It would stick in the sensor, thus it would not allow the sensor to return to idle. I ground both sides of the tab down with a dremel to provide clearance. It works fine now.

P5160002.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62