ACR Brakes 100% improved for the track

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in response to my last post on the brakes on my 09 ACR I have just had a complete turn around. The last time I tracked it I had fade and a soft pedal after 3 laps . The car had stock everything except Motul fluid.

Saturday at Pocono I am very glad to report back the brakes were awesome. I changed the front pads to the Comp Coupe Mintex pads and thanks to Jon B added steel braided front and rear brake lines. No fade , no soft pedal when going from 170 + mph down to a 2nd gear hairpin. The car was awesome. I highly recommend if you track it to make these changes to the brakes.

Glad to report back we destroyed ALL Vettes, Ferrari's and Lambos including race cars from each marque:)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well in response to my last post on the brakes on my 09 ACR I have just had a complete turn around. The last time I tracked it I had fade and a soft pedal after 3 laps . The car had stock everything except Motul fluid.

Saturday at Pocono I am very glad to report back the brakes were awesome. I changed the front pads to the Comp Coupe Mintex pads and thanks to Jon B added steel braided front and rear brake lines. No fade , no soft pedal when going from 170 + mph down to a 2nd gear hairpin. The car was awesome. I highly recommend if you track it to make these changes to the brakes.

Glad to report back we destroyed ALL Vettes, Ferrari's and Lambos including race cars from each marque:)

Sweet! :headbang:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the ACR have improved air ducts for cooling the brakes over the conventional ones...or no difference?????

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have a soft-ish pedal after just a few laps in my '08 and I have steel braided lines and Motul. Any ideas?:dunno:

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have a soft-ish pedal after just a few laps in my '08 and I have steel braided lines and Motul. Any ideas?:dunno:

Try bleeding your system. Motul requires frequent bleeding.

Also, you didnt state your brake pad....is it Mintex as well?

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Mintex pads. If you use them on the street do the squeel much? :beer:

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GB- change the pads now track and put the oem back on for the street

Mcar - i have not heard much squeal on the street but then again i wasn't really listening for it. I am used to the race cars making noise.

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99r/t- just the fronts change to Mintex . The rear is fine with the stock pads not as much heat build up do to the bias settings of stock cars

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mintex pads are noisy and dirty on the street. They work pretty well on the track. They are a bit ******* OE rotors too. Change to the Stoptech's if you don't have them already (non-ACRs).

Change just the front pads as stated. As you go faster, you can improve your braking even more by installing Brakeman 3's or Porterfield R4's to the rear in place of the OE pads.

Motul 600 works pretty well, but in the summer, I bleed my brakes after every track weekend. You need to keep it fresh.

OE ACR's have the same mini-brake ducts as other SRT-10's. Archer can upgrade this for you and it'll help a bunch on hot days.

Dan

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome, good job guys!:2tu:

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mintex pads are noisy and dirty on the street. They work pretty well on the track. They are a bit ******* OE rotors too. Change to the Stoptech's if you don't have them already (non-ACRs).

Change just the front pads as stated. As you go faster, you can improve your braking even more by installing Brakeman 3's or Porterfield R4's to the rear in place of the OE pads.

Motul 600 works pretty well, but in the summer, I bleed my brakes after every track weekend. You need to keep it fresh.

OE ACR's have the same mini-brake ducts as other SRT-10's. Archer can upgrade this for you and it'll help a bunch on hot days.

Dan

Motul needs to be bled after every track day. Castrol SRF is much better, a little more expensive but better.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motul needs to be bled after every track day. Castrol SRF is much better, a little more expensive but better.

I little more expensive? lol. You are right though, I switched to SRF a couple years ago. Got tired of bleeding brakes between day 1 and 2 of a track weekend. SRF...no bleeding required except before track event and even then the fluid looks good.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mash,

Contact Archer Racing - 218-727-4806. Ask for John Archer. I believe they are a site sponsor - they installed mine at the last Viper Days.

On bleeding Motul 600 after every track day - NEVER been necessary; and you can skip a weekend if the weather is cool and / or the track is not too twisty requiring a bunch of heavy braking ..... you will need front brake cooling ducts to do this though.

Dan

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I little more expensive? lol. You are right though, I switched to SRF a couple years ago. Got tired of bleeding brakes between day 1 and 2 of a track weekend. SRF...no bleeding required except before track event and even then the fluid looks good.

+1 I've never done it but I bet SRF could go for several events without bleeding. But I flush it out anyway. $70 is worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62