ACR Front Sway Bar Question

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run 18x13" OZ wheels for autox and found even though the 335-18 A6 on the OZ rims clears the front fenders just fine, the OZ's rub against the front sway bar slightly at full lock. And I wonder if the ACR's front sway bars are solid and if it is okay to put a small notch in it to clear the wheel (just a very small notch would clear the wheel)?

OP
OP
A

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tired a 5MM spacer already and the wheels not only sticks out too far but still rubs a little. Since I only put the 13" wide wheels on for autox and during autox, I never need to turn full lock, the only time the front wheels rub is at full lock, if I can't shave off a little of the sway bar and the inside square edge of the wheel, I just have to remind myself not to make tight u-turns and be careful in parking lots. Other than that, boy let me tell you, the car turns in so lightening quick with those meaty 335/30-18 A6's in the front. BTW the best wheel size is probably 18x12" for the front but I just didn't want to spend the money on the a custom sized set of wheels and Partsrack had the OZ's on sale.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you aren't worried about the turning radius the steering limiter would be the right fix for you. You won't have to "Remember" anything as it is a mechanical limit to the steering travel. Cutting on a sway bar is not a good idea when there is another fix to the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave