ACR - Just Got it But There's an Unusual Feature

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my ACR yesterday afternoon then drove it 3 hours to my home.

LOVE IT!:D:D:D

I can hardly wait to 'get into it'.

I've attached some pics but there's a very unusual feature on my car. Can you spot it?

Attachments

• ACR-1.JPG
    ACR-1.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 369
  • ACR-2.JPG
    ACR-2.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 329
OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on!

I didn't think it would take long.....

In Canada they use those lights for Daytime Running Lights. Included with the car are the fog light blanks. I thought they'd be carbon fiber but they're just simple plastic pieces. Very light.

I parked at my clients office today and I've pretty much spent the whole day showing it to people. What a great day!

Greg

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought it was the SMILE :D on the passengers face but that is it not unusual!
Not at all!
Nice car! :2tu:
Drive safe! :drive:

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the second owner of an 02 ACR which also has them, yet they are not on the window sticker. My question has always been did some of the second gen. ACR's just come with them, and, is that the case with yours or did you order and pay extra for them? If they had to be ordered and purchased, what kind of cost would that have been? I can't imagine their added expense would be something most ACR buyers would justify for themselves, but personally I love having them and use them more than the radio which I don't use. I guess a third possibility was when the comfort group was added back to most ACR's they were sometimes put on. Anybody know?

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's law in Canada. Dodge can't import the car without them. I suppose it's just part of the higher Canadian price.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the second owner of an 02 ACR which also has them, yet they are not on the window sticker. My question has always been did some of the second gen. ACR's just come with them, and, is that the case with yours or did you order and pay extra for them? If they had to be ordered and purchased, what kind of cost would that have been? I can't imagine their added expense would be something most ACR buyers would justify for themselves, but personally I love having them and use them more than the radio which I don't use. I guess a third possibility was when the comfort group was added back to most ACR's they were sometimes put on. Anybody know?

The Gen II ACR's didn't come with foglights from the factory. (Canada??) A few people have added them just like your car. The wiring and clips are all there on the ACR's so just buy the factory lights, then plug/attach. Cost ?, ask you friendly Dodge dealer of find a used set here or ebay, etc. I think I paid $150.00 for an new set from an individual. Did the seller include the stock black plastic covers? They are very hard to find.

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't get the covers, but everything else was there. So, on the 08 ACR, this car clearly came off the showroom floor with fog lights. Does that mean it was meant for Canada, or, do some cars just have them. I'm still confused.:dunno:

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new arrival :2tu: man I love the new ACR's. Are you going to have the ACR at any of the remaining lapping sessions at Race City?

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen II ACR's didn't come with foglights from the factory. (Canada??) A few people have added them just like your car. The wiring and clips are all there on the ACR's so just buy the factory lights, then plug/attach. Cost ?, ask you friendly Dodge dealer of find a used set here or ebay, etc. I think I paid $150.00 for an new set from an individual. Did the seller include the stock black plastic covers? They are very hard to find.

I have blanks to plug the hole if the lights are removed. I don't have covers. I expect that covers would be illegal in Canada since the DRL's are required to be on 100% of the time (unless the headlights are turned on). Undoubtedly this is why I didn't get them.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new arrival :2tu: man I love the new ACR's. Are you going to have the ACR at any of the remaining lapping sessions at Race City?

Well... ehem, YES!!

I have a track day Saturday for Cardel Homes where we take disadvantaged kids for rides in high end cars. We try to pass on some sage advice and maybe do a little mentoring. It's a good thing. Last year I drove a kid home in my car because his Mom forgot about him. He thought his Dad was in prison but wasn't sure. Poor kid.

My race on Saturday night was cancelled but I have a track day on Sunday night with The Calgary Exotic Auto Group (which I run) and I'm teaching a school on Monday night (but I'll bring my Miata for that).

Whew!

I can hardly wait - 3 track 'opportunities' this weekend.:drive:

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread called 'ACR Hair' or something but I decided to post the pic here instead. As a thread, ACR Hair is too 'fluffy'.

Before we went to pick up our car my wife surprised me with a new hair style. See pic. I just love it!:headbang:

Attachments

• ACR-Hair.JPG
    ACR-Hair.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 34

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That hair is over the top man! You two qualify as FANATICS! LOL Have fun at the track. Glad to hear you plan to use the car as it was intended, and its not just another ******* hoochie ride.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice indeed. Must be an attorney with that tag. If the car dont fit---you must acquit !! The Juice man is in court right now.

V

Venomiss

Your car is beautiful and congratulations. The hair-do is a winner too!
Enjoy your car and glad it arrived in time for the events this weekend. Go have fun!

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I gotta get some fun in before the snow flies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456