ACR Question

John D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work for a Dodge dealership in Kingston, Ontario and have a customer looking for a Viper. I was wondering if someone could help with a question or 2. They are about the ACR package. I know it gives you an adjustable suspension, BBS wheels, Five point harnesses... My questions are:

1. What is adjustable on the suspension (ie.compression,rebound, height), and how is it adjusted. Are the adjustments made on the shocks themselves? Or somewhere else?

2. Are the BBS wheels simply cosmetic or are they in place of the stock wheels due to lighter weight or some other advantage?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my ACR. I think the wheels look much better than the regular GTS wheels. I like to autocross mine so I will probably really get into suspension adjustment eventually. The 5 point harness is great too. Ok so it cost 10k more. Big wup. If you can afford 70k then you can afford 80k in my opinion. If the extra 10k is a big problem then you probably shouldn't be buying a car this expensive anyway. Of course each must make his/her own decision about this.....

Jeff

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My measly two cents of advice John, be careful when going back to your customer with all the great info...he's probably lurking here too and reading this.

I remember asking a dealership for some information and found it funny when I saw his posts on a board, I printed them out and when he started spewing out his new found expertise, I handed them to him.

He was a tad embarrassed.