Adams flex polisher with 3 step pads

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ordered my adams flex polisher couple weeks ago finaly got to use it.. I am deeply impressed, thought I would share the results.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 187

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck, it looks like you have her show ready :2tu: Let us know how you do! I'm planning to enter my first show this Oct., I better break out the PC.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered my adams flex polisher couple weeks ago finaly got to use it.. I am deeply impressed, thought I would share the results.

Bringing an old thread back to life...I'm looking at random orbit polishers and the Flex seems to be highly regarded. How is the Flex for polishing areas such as the front fascia? Would you buy a Flex again? Thanks.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Flex is the best machine I've ever used! I love mine! Actually have two!

I'm not sure about other Vipers, but the paint on mine is incredibly hard. The PC just won't cut it, literally! Bottom line, the Flex will save you time and produce better results. I also I feel the Flex is more balanced and better for places like the nose of the car.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Flex is the best machine I've ever used! ... Bottom line, the Flex will save you time and produce better results. I also I feel the Flex is more balanced and better for places like the nose of the car.

Thanks for the info. The Flex DA is on my shopping list now.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Flex is the best machine I've ever used! I love mine! Actually have two!

I'm not sure about other Vipers, but the paint on mine is incredibly hard. The PC just won't cut it, literally! Bottom line, the Flex will save you time and produce better results. I also I feel the Flex is more balanced and better for places like the nose of the car.

Totally agree, it's a much more powerful but still safe tool.
By the way, they make a side handle for the Flex which I have found is a lot more workable than the overhead one it comes with.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... By the way, they make a side handle for the Flex which I have found is a lot more workable than the overhead one it comes with.

Interesting...Can that side handle be mounted on either side? Also, does the Flex have user-replaceable brushes (for the motor)?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that must be noted about the Flex if you are a novice to machine polishing. The learning curve is a lot more steep if this is your first machine. It is heavier than the PC and some pads will cause control issues with that machine, as compared to the PC. It will fatigue you sooner than the PC and can take paint off the edges of the panels if you get aggressive with it. I always tell a novice to learn machine polishing on a PC before getting a Flex. Both machines compliment each other so having both is a smart thing. I have 4 different polishers to address any kind of issue I may run into. The PC is a lot more versatile than the Flex is and once your paint is flawless, you don't want to be removing more clear coat than necessary. That's when the PC is highly recommended.

The smart choice is the PC for a novice. I can guarantee you that you won't have to worry about messing up your paint with one.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am quite the novice to polishing and the PC was brainless and had no issues with applying several degrees of cutting agents and then a final polish. It all takes time but is easy to perform.

Bruce

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am quite the novice to polishing and the PC was brainless and had no issues with applying several degrees of cutting agents and then a final polish. It all takes time but is easy to perform.

Bruce

^^^ This, and the PC removed a good 97% of damage :2tu: All the while knowing I can't damage my paint, one day I'll gradumacate up :D

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing that must be noted about the Flex if you are a novice to machine polishing. The learning curve is a lot more steep if this is your first machine. It is heavier than the PC and some pads will cause control issues with that machine, as compared to the PC. It will fatigue you sooner than the PC and can take paint off the edges of the panels if you get aggressive with it. I always tell a novice to learn machine polishing on a PC before getting a Flex. Both machines compliment each other so having both is a smart thing. I have 4 different polishers to address any kind of issue I may run into. The PC is a lot more versatile than the Flex is and once your paint is flawless, you don't want to be removing more clear coat than necessary. That's when the PC is highly recommended.

The smart choice is the PC for a novice. I can guarantee you that you won't have to worry about messing up your paint with one.

Many thanks Junkman. This would be my first polisher, so I'll give the PC a serious look!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks Junkman. This would be my first polisher, so I'll give the PC a serious look!

It's all about technique my friend. The right technique on a effective machine will yield the results that you're looking for without all the danger. Just as you don't learn how to play golf using the most expensive clubs on the market, the same is true with machine polishing. You buy a beginner's machine and master it, then work your way up if necessary.