After 3 years, I'm still in love!

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 3 years, I\'m still in love!

Just thought I would share my experience with my Gen 1 beast. After 17,000 miles of abuse (28,000 now on the odometer), I still love this car. First day I bought the car, I drove it 500 miles home through the rain. Over the next 3 months, I piled on 5000 miles of abuse. Any problems? Yup - fried clutch. However, I had over 1000 miles of "warning", so it wasn't unexpected.

Last year, the only maintenance required was oil changes, checking the coolant, and waxing waxing waxing. Of course, I had to put on a Belanger exhaust to get rid of the UPS truck sound. The 1500+ mile round-trip to VOI went without a problem. Drag racing? Nothing broke. 140mph on the Nashville track? No problems, not even overheating.

I just got finished driving it 500 miles to/from my wedding, and again no problems. After talking to some friends that own Ferraris/Lambos, I'm not sure if I would trust my wedding day with one of them considering the 500-mile distance (I know some here have reliable ones though). Regular maintenance, regular abuse, and the Viper runs great. It's loud and I love it. It's plain on the inside and I love it. It slides sideways at 60mph and I love it.

We'll be buying another Viper in the future so our 94 isn't so lonely!

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: After 3 years, I\'m still in love!

You got married?!?!?! Congrats!!!!!

Glad you're still diggin your Viper as much as we are. You HAVE to do Viper Days at Gingerman. You'll love it.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Congrat's...... or condolences :laugh:
j/k..been happily married for a few years. ;)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just thought I would share my experience with my Gen 1 beast. After 17,000 miles of abuse (28,000 now on the odometer), I still love this car. First day I bought the car, I drove it 500 miles home through the rain. Over the next 3 months, I piled on 5000 miles of abuse. Any problems? Yup - fried clutch. However, I had over 1000 miles of "warning", so it wasn't unexpected.

Last year, the only maintenance required was oil changes, checking the coolant, and waxing waxing waxing. Of course, I had to put on a Belanger exhaust to get rid of the UPS truck sound. The 1500+ mile round-trip to VOI went without a problem. Drag racing? Nothing broke. 140mph on the Nashville track? No problems, not even overheating.

I just got finished driving it 500 miles to/from my wedding, and again no problems. After talking to some friends that own Ferraris/Lambos, I'm not sure if I would trust my wedding day with one of them considering the 500-mile distance (I know some here have reliable ones though). Regular maintenance, regular abuse, and the Viper runs great. It's loud and I love it. It's plain on the inside and I love it. It slides sideways at 60mph and I love it.

We'll be buying another Viper in the future so our 94 isn't so lonely!

A very nice write-up on your Viper. You drive it like it was meant to be driven. It takes what you dish out, and keeps right on going...all the while turning heads and eliciting smiles. What a sports car. That's a Viper.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh yeah, I almost fortot something else. I was able to fit all 7 tuxedos and shoes into the trunk, along with the party favors and other stuff for the wedding! After fitting 5 days worth of clothing for 2 people for VOI into this car, I had become a "master packer". I'm amazed at how much crap I can fit into the nooks and crannies, and I'm sure a GTS has even more room (if you don't care to look out the back window).

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You haven't met a master packer until you met my mom...jk. Glad to hear about what you do to the girl (Viper), American muscle right there. Now stop posting and go take care of your wife, I bet she'd love a massage right now ;) . Congrats to you both!

[American] muscle never atrophies as long as you keep working out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth