Aftermarket GTS hood

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just placed it in the classifiedsAsking $3500 already painted:

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showproduct.php?product=7126

Have you fitted this hood to see how it fits? I bought this same hood from Ellite Vipers who used to sell them back in 2005, fkn crook.....long story shorty, I latterly dropped it off at the dumps.

I'm not saying this is the case but I would only sell this to a local guy that can come by and test fit the hood to avoid any sort of bad rep. Ellite Viper products were garbage.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad is the fitment? Do you have any pictures of the underneath side?

I really like the style but not a big fan of the center louvers. But I'm still interested.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
PM sent, my buddy can't respond because after being a 12 year VCA member, he was UN-warrantly banned for asking questions about the leadership and "Internet raffle" :rolleyes:

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bad is the fitment? Do you have any pictures of the underneath side?

I really like the style but not a big fan of the center louvers. But I'm still interested.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying this hood has fitment issues, only the seller can answer that but what iam saying is my and all other hoods from Ellite had major fitment issues and this does look like an old Ellite hood unless someone else made a copy.

99/rt10. Any feed back?

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm not saying this hood has fitment issues, only the seller can answer that but what iam saying is my and all other hoods from Ellite had major fitment issues and this does look like an old Ellite hood unless someone else made a copy.

99/rt10. Any feed back?

See post above. He can't respond. 12 year VCA member banned/moderated for no reason. Great club, eh?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's probably still banned because he actually took some action. Pressed it with his CC company that the raffle wasn't legit, CC company investigated and agreed and he got his money back. THAT is not something they want getting out in the open.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
He's probably still banned because he actually took some action.
Pressed it with his CC company that the raffle wasn't legit, CC
company investigated and agreed and he got his money back.

So wait, he pouted like a schoolgirl when he didnt win? Sounds
like a perfectly good reason to me... Wait... I didnt win the
lotto last weekend... let me get my lawyer on the line too!

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
So wait, he pouted like a schoolgirl when he didnt win? Sounds
like a perfectly good reason to me... Wait... I didnt win the
lotto last weekend... let me get my lawyer on the line too!

You do realize that the raffle was Unlicensed and illegal. Even the VCA lawyer advised NOT to hold it due to the ILLEGALITY of the drawing?! No? maybe it's because you, like the Ostridge, like to stick your head in the dirt. "All is well, nothing to see here"........................... :rolleyes:

Are you Bonkers?! :crazy2:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This user was not mod'd for aking a question, and he knows it, so please stop being dramatic.

There were some irregularities with the raffle, (illegal is a bit dramatic), this has been discussed time and time again (and there is a lot of blame to go around for that) we have learned our lesson, and have a professional entity running our raffles, so nothing is gained by bringing it up over and over again, problem resolved. This is clearly a thread hijack, I'm sure 99 R/T doesn't appreciate it.

Great hood BTW.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaaa! You're right, he wasn't banned for asking questions. He was banned for getting his money back, and lord knows the VCA can't afford to have people find out about that.

Basically nothing has been answered about the raffle, and THAT is why it keeps coming up. I would say it was a bit more than "irregularities" considering the fact that the CC company agreed there were enough things wrong to fully refund his money.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You do realize that the raffle was Unlicensed and illegal.

Fine... who cares? We all had the same chance to win the prizes,
and the prizes were awarded. Seems to me, illegal or not, those
of us on this side of the event all got equal treatment. Any issues
of legality are now moot since we booted everyone involved -
so whats the point of beating a dead horse now?

From a members standing I see way more ethical issues with
giving back money - the raffle wasnt rigged so there is no
justification whatsoever in refunding anything. We should
have let him try to sue.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say it was a bit more than "irregularities" considering the fact that the CC company agreed there were enough things wrong to fully refund his money.

Fine... who cares? We all had the same chance to win the prizes,
and the prizes were awarded. Seems to me, illegal or not, those
of us on this side of the event all got equal treatment. Any issues
of legality are now moot since we booted everyone involved -
so whats the point of beating a dead horse now?

From a members standing I see way more ethical issues with
giving back money - the raffle wasnt rigged so there is no
justification whatsoever in refunding anything. We should
have let him try to sue.

I agree with Bonkers. The CC company loses nothing by pursuing the club to return the money, and gains customer goodwill. The club doesn't fight it because then lawyers get involved and that hardly ever makes financial sense.

I didn't ask for my money back because the club provided me with what I contracted for. There was a raffle. I have no reason to believe that it was rigged, and the prizes were awarded. I have no reason to believe otherwise. RSI provided its prize after consulting with its lawyers. So, what does that mean? I don't know; but, it means just as much to me as the CC company pursuing getting money back for a card holder.

I believe that a member pursuing getting gambling funds back, in this case, was most likely merely to damage the club, as evidenced by discussions on the VA forum. I do not know who the specific member being discussed here was, so, I won't address his specific reasons. This is just my thought process of why I did not think that it was morally right to take my money back after I did not win.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper