Aftermarket Sidepipe mufflers to use?

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 RT/10 with a side-pipe conversion. The car sounds sweet at Idle and is very loud when you get on it, but this is not my problem. The problem is it has an extremely loud HUM when I am cruising around. (It sounds like you are holding a stethoscope to the floor of a school bus that is climbing Pikes Peak!) It is unbearable when the hard top is on.
My current setup uses the factory headder, Sean Roe's oval high flow cats and Dynaflow's Stainless Race Muffler. The muffler cannister length is 12 inches (the muffler total length is 16 inches.) The muffler is 6 inches in Diameter. The muffler is a straight through design. The plumbing is 3 inches in diameter
I am willing to give up some performance to quiet down the humming.
I was wondering if any sidepipe owners have tried different setups and could give some suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla cat-back on my 94 RT, which, I believe, uses the Borla XR-1 mufflers (round racing muffler). The sound is great and I do not get any of the "HUM" that you are referring to. Since many people seem to use the Borla cat-back you should have no trouble finding a car to listen to and ride in. Hope this helps
smile.gif