Alan's Triple Pass Radiator

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone here using this? If so, I would like some feedback. Will it cause the car to run cooler than normal or just prevent it from heating up more that 200 when driven hard?

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I’m using an Alan’s Triple Pass radiator and it’s the best radiator you can get for your Viper. The quality of the radiator is top notch and it works great.:2tu:

It has 2 rows of 1” cores and the coolant will pass through the radiator 3 times whereas the factory radiator has the coolant running through it only once. Because it’s triple pass and it has the same dimensions with the stock radiator, it will fit in without any modification to mounting points, inlet and outlet locations, etc.

The triple pass radiator is a far superior radiator compared to the stock. Your car will cool itself down more efficiently and will run cooler. I recommend you install a lower temperature thermostat and change your coolant to Evans NPG-R together with Alan’s Triple Pass radiator.

I have a huge front mount intercooler blocking the airflow to the radiator and so far Alan’s Triple Pass radiator has been the only radiator capable of cooling the car. Most of the GEN3 TT Vipers putting down over 1000 RWHP use Alan’s Triple Pass radiator. Kevin at Underground Racing uses Alan’s radiator on the big power TT Vipers.

My Viper had problems with running hot and I have basically done everything possible to cool it down. I installed the Alan’s Triple Pass radiator and I had a custom water sprayer fabricated to spray cool water on the radiator during extreme conditions. The factory antifreeze is not your friend in cooling the car down. So I drained all the antifreeze/water out the radiator and the engine and filled it up with Evans NPG-R. Great product btw.

I changed the front fascia with a custom one that has much larger air inlet openings, and installed the 08 Hood with the larger vents. Then, I had aluminum shrouds fabricated to seal the top of the radiator and the bottom of the front of the car. :crazy2::crazy2:

Hopefully the car will run cool now.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am considering one of these as I live in TX. Thanks for your input.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one of the first. I still have it. Love it w/ the TT Viper. car stays under 190 deg even during the hot atlanta heat. Can't go wrong. I don't do any fancy water-spraying thing... just water+water wetter for coolant. it doesn't freeze much down here so i don't have to worry about not running anti-freeze.

good luck! I recommend!

JD

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do these aluminum radiators weigh less than stock? Seems like an ideal place to reduce weight, if possible.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do these aluminum radiators weigh less than stock? Seems like an ideal place to reduce weight, if possible.

We haven’t put it on the scale to measure exact weight but it sure does feel lighter than the stock radiator.

If you are looking to get weight of the nose of the car, replacing your radiator will not do much.

Upgrade to 08 Hood, replace front body panels with carbon fiber ones, etc. Just replacing the hood will lighten the nose of the car a lot.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

On my GTS it was negligible.

Factory radiator - 20.2 pounds

Ron Davis - 17.4 pounds

I suppose that if Alan's is thicker than the rest, it may weigh more than the rest too. Dunno.

Also, by the time you add back in the extra coolant, which depending on what you are using weighs 8-1/2 pounds per gallon or so, it's really a wash on the weight loss or gain.

OP
OP
P

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not really concerned about the weight. I just want to keep the car as cool as possible.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don’t know about the GEN2 radiators but Alan’s Triple Pass has the same exact thickness as the factory SRT radiator.

SRT Factory Radiator : 2 rows of 1” cores, Single Pass
Alan’s Triple Pass : 2 rows of 1” Visteon Cores, Triple Pass. Visteon cores are high quality cores used in Nascar, etc.

The GEN3 Vipers have a cooling problem in general when raced in hot conditions. Road racing puts a lot of heat on the system, and to cool down a car properly while road racing requires a lot. Ask the Viper racing teams, Archer racing etc.

For GEN3 Vipers, going to a thicker radiator core puts more heat in the system instead of helping it.

If you are going to race your GEN3 Viper or if your GEN3 is supercharged or turbocharged, Alan’s triple pass radiator is the best cooling radiator available as of now.

Alan should give me some $$$$ store credit after all this first hand advertisement. ;);)

If you need cooling beyond Alan’s triple pass, then I can help you with the custom cool water sprayer system and high quality aluminum radiator upper and lower shrouds we have developed for the GEN3 extreme.:2tu:

Oh change your coolant with Evans NPG-R. You will be thanking me later. I hit 240-250 degrees while road racing real hard and thanks to Evans NPG-R nothing happened. It would have been like a glacier in the middle of the track blowing 60 ft steam off the overflow tank with the regular antifreeze. :crazy2::crazy2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper