"ALERT" Big problems with GEICO Insurance

Gordonvi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEICO insurance has found a video of my wife and myself at VOI 12 and has deemed this event too risky and has cancelled the collision portion of our insurance on all 9 of our vehicles!!!!

The video: http://youtu.be/BT8cWLckut8

The Letter:
You must be registered for see images attach

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no personal privacy in "the public domain". This is just another reason to keep your footprint small(or at least don't put your name or license plate on videos).

Copperhead133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did the same thing to me, they take your money for years and you do one thing they don't like off with your head:mad:
Geico is the worse period they won't see any of my money again.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANd Progressive is pushing the ODB-II monitoring systems to evaluate your driving habits...and the ignorant consumer falls for the marketing scheme as a way to lower their rates. Just give it time and the Feds will mandate this type of surveillance.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's for the better. :1up:
Everything I've read about Geico is they'll fight you every step of the way when paying on a claim to the point where you just say it's easier to fix stuff out of pocket.
It's their game and it is slowly catching up to them.

They're spending everyone's money on cute commercials and not on paying legitimate claims.
People will catch on soon enough.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had GEICO for many years and they were responsive when I had a decent sized claim with my Escalade last year (not at fault). The fact that they are searching in youtube worries me.

FLAT OUT

VCA Member
Reaction score
I know three people who work for geico corporate and they all have state farm insurance.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Your better off. Now you can get a real insurance company.

ANd Progressive is pushing the ODB-II monitoring systems to evaluate your driving habits
Every time I see that commercial I want to go get that device and then go do a track day and turn it back in. That would be so funny.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but you better get used to this type of stuff. it will NOT get better, i guarantee it. its total BS !

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Your better off. Now you can get a real insurance company.

Every time I see that commercial I want to go get that device and then go do a track day and turn it back in. That would be so funny.

I really did think about getting it before the NARRA event this year.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track rats BEWARE as I posted this a LONG time ago on here about posts and especially videos of you racing the car. Most insurance companies inc USAA check on this stuff. Not just Geico. What you post or tape is on there and available to them forever.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never ever post you on a track on a public site like you tube. Less is more!!! It's like telling on yourself.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll throw it out there. What would have happened if you did wreck the Viper?

F

FrgMstr

Geico has been great to me. Paid for a totaled Viper two years ago and were great to work with. Insured my next one with Geico.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's odd that your off street driving habits have affected your on street insurance. I'd contact them and let them know you understand your coverage did not cover the racing event, so why are they concerned?

I know life insurance policies want to know about your racing but this is the first I've seen insurance pre entirely drop a person who has not made a claim.

And honestly for them to force out a policy that covers 9 vehicles is bad business on their part!

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the ssg vehicle in front of you in line. Since this came to light my insurance company is fighting with me now. Please remove the video or blur / edit my plate out.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A video with only 160 views is causing all this fuss? Crazy.

Big Brother! Curious who your insurance company is Viper Pit?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems strange? Not sure how it works in the USA but in the UK if we do any form of Auto solo or Track event, Drag racing you have to sign a liability disclaimer at the venue you are attending. Your normal road insurance policy would not cover you for this type of event.

Some of us in the UK use a company that also allows us 6 Track days per year, the insurance company has a list of recognised track events and all we do is inform them 48 hrs before the event.

I can fully understand an insurance company not wanting to cover you or be associated with track events.

As a USA member of the VCA do you not get club cover for attending events like this?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll throw it out there. What would have happened if you did wreck the Viper?
Most will not pay even if it occurred on the street AND facts showed the car was used in ANY way in the past on a track. I know as this happened to me years ago and I had to hire an attorney as they initially refused to pay anything even though the car was stolen in a break in at my house !! They all play hard ball now. Even having this initial post that says GEICO will alert them in their files and search engine. Plus they all know to especially do searches for car owners like the Viper knowing many track their cars. I just keep my current street car on the street. Too much at risk and a big hassle.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEICO insurance has found a video of my wife and myself at VOI 12 and has deemed this event too risky and has cancelled the collision portion of our insurance on all 9 of our vehicles!!!!

The video: http://youtu.be/BT8cWLckut8

The Letter:
Note the back side letter and USAA initially did not want to pay for my loss many years ago exactly for this reason. Car modified without their knowledge.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance companies shut down the muscle car era 40 some years ago and they can do it again. The new OBDIII will even let cops read your CEL and other data from the side of the road as you drive by.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just thinking of switching to Geico as I could insure my Viper, car, truck and bike for $99 a month according to the online quote. Now this thread has me thinking.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had Geico for years, and I always wondered how they'd be if I ever had a claim (never had a claim over the last 30 years). Well, I hit a deer and then crashed with my ACR this summer, and they've been reasonable to deal with. I'm going through some valuation issues with them - my car was a really rare one, and they don't take that into consideration when coming up with values, and they also aren't being too fair about considering virtually brand-new modifications that were installed. Other than haggling over the value of the car, though, they've been responsive and communicative and I get the impression they're trying to be as fair as they're allowed to be.

Putting a street car on the track is always a risk - and crashes on the track are never covered by typical insurance policies. The best thing to do is to talk to the insurance agent when setting up the policy and see if you can get wording that states you will accept full responsibility for track-related events and you'll obtain separate insurance if your car ever sets foot on a track. There are insurance companies out there that will work with you on that and not cancel you (AAA was great to me when I had them years ago). Or, just get a track-only car and just get the track insurance for when it's being towed to the track and when it's on the track (homeowner's insurance will cover it if a tree falls on it at your house, etc.).