All ventilation up to windscreen!

UK Viper Nigel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Recently had the centre bezel off around the air controls & radio to replace the radio but when I put the controls back on the heat / vent no matter what position the switch is in sends the air up to the windscreen rather than the floor or face vents. I guess I must have knocked off a wire but do I need to take the dash off to get to these switches or just the bezel again?

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the right hand side of the HVAC is a port for 5 or 6 vac lines. Check to make sure it is seated. You just have a vac leak. Also check the tiny port on the back passanger's side intake Mani. That is the vac source for the HVAC system.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently had the centre bezel off around the air controls & radio to replace the radio.

You just have a vac leak. Also check the tiny port on the back passanger's side intake Mani. That is the vac source for the HVAC system.

I'd suggest that you may have accidentally disconnected that vacuum source line as VG says. The hose from the right rear manifold port goes to a vacuum valve that sits just behind the radio and from there, routes to the HVAC. You may have dislodged the connections to that plastic check valve if you had the radio out and back in. I replaced mine with a bigger unit because of an issue with losing AC cold air as mentioned in various posts like this one:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...where-the-air-blows-when-the-engine-is-loaded

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456