Alternatives to Eibach Springs?

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious if others have used other brands to give similar results: increased stiffness (progressive?) & 1" lowering effect?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Hyperco springs. Snake Oil Products uses them on their coil overs. Also, AFCO shocks has 2-5/8" springs but not sure of their ratings. Let us know what you find because I don't like my Eibachs at all. Way too bouncy in the rear.
Sal

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out Hyperco springs. Snake Oil Products uses them on their coil overs. Also, AFCO shocks has 2-5/8" springs but not sure of their ratings. Let us know what you find because I don't like my Eibachs at all. Way too bouncy in the rear.
Sal

Stiffen the rebound on the shock and it wont bounce so much.

:usa:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Eibach-Pro-gressive Springs lower and stiffen the touring ride a bit, but the performance handling a lot. The spring is tapered...the more you push it, the more it fights back.

On your 2002, the OE Konis are ADJUSTABLE for rebound. I wonder if Black-Moon-Sal knew this? If you put the EPs on, and DONT stiffen the rebound, it gets too "bouncy." We have not had any complaints about EPs that I can ever recall.....{unless they were installed on bad, or non-adjusted shocks)

PS: Firmer is Stiffer; Bouncy is the opposite.....less stiff UK speeks a different english Im told!

The other brand mentioned does NOT offer progressive springs....but can be had 1" lower.

And there are Thin, forged SPRING CAPS to lower further, (or as an alternative) that do NOT require a spring change. It is optional.

Click My Profile if I can help.

JonB~~~:<~

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info Jon et al! have previously had the lowering caps from you, but considering lowering springs with orig caps back on + 19" wheels = maintaining current 1/2" lowered height, with the stiffer, prog spring rate improve performance on rare track outings and help keep the bigger radius tyres contacting the arch under extreme conditions!
You must be registered for see images

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jon. I never did much in the way of research but was told they were an alternative.

With regards to mine, the previous owner put the Eibachs on stock shocks which is probably why it rides so poorly. When I recently replaced a blown front shock I noticed that the Eibachs have tighter coils at the top so I'm assuming they are progressive. I just wish there was a reasonably priced replacement shock for street use.

QUOTE=JonB - PartsRack;2903196]Eibach-Pro-gressive Springs lower and stiffen the touring ride a bit, but the performance handling a lot. The spring is tapered...the more you push it, the more it fights back.

On your 2002, the OE Konis are ADJUSTABLE for rebound. I wonder if Black-Moon-Sal knew this? If you put the EPs on, and DONT stiffen the rebound, it gets too "bouncy." We have not had any complaints about EPs that I can ever recall.....{unless they were installed on bad, or non-adjusted shocks)

PS: Firmer is Stiffer; Bouncy is the opposite.....less stiff UK speeks a different english Im told!

The other brand mentioned does NOT offer progressive springs....but can be had 1" lower.

And there are Thin, forged SPRING CAPS to lower further, (or as an alternative) that do NOT require a spring change. It is optional.

Click My Profile if I can help.

JonB~~~:<~[/QUOTE]

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rebound adjustment on stock shocks?

Correct. Take them off and follow the Koni instructions. Remove the rubber bumper and compress the shock all the way. COUNT the number of half turns it takes to get all the way stiff. I went three half turns away from full stiff and I have no "bouncy" complaint (with the suspension anyway).

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
wait You're Saying That Oem Mopar Shocks Are Adjustable?

The Year Matters.

He stated the year/model of his Viper...2002 RT. There is really no "MoPar" shock...His car rides on OE Konis...and that generation was rebound-Adjustable.

Historic Trivia: Back in 1992, Koni took out full page ads, and gave distributors and some VOI-1 attendeed a poster of the Koni-equipped outrageous, new and rare Viper.

They called it "FOUR KONIs WITH EVERYTHING."

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well excuse me but someone jumped in and said they were adjustable... Mine's a 2003 and obviously not related to this thread.

I'll quietly excuse myself and leave you fine gentlemen alone.

The Year Matters.

He stated the year/model of his Viper...2002 RT. There is really no "MoPar" shock...His car rides on Konis...and that generation was rebound-Adjustable

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Correct. Take them off and follow the Koni instructions. Remove the rubber bumper and compress the shock all the way. COUNT the number of half turns it takes to get all the way stiff. I went three half turns away from full stiff and I have no "bouncy" complaint (with the suspension anyway).

Black Moon's AVATAR shows a Gen 3.......but maybe he also has a G2? No Offense! This is a Gen 1-2 Forum, and we ASSumed ....... the O.P. asked a 2002 question and the answers flowed to that.

Last edited:

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to install my Eibach's over the winter ... so is 3 half turns from back from stiff the appropriate setting for the shocks, year '94

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have penske 8100's, they seem to do the trick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper