AMS-Oiler?

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The integrated valve/switch and the connector is a nice touch. The physical makeup of the Accusump valve has a little to be desired.

That a look below at a perfect location for the three quart reservoir. It looks oem and the wiring and hoses are at a minimum.

699Accusump_Hose_Routing-med.jpg
699Pre-Oiler_Front.jpg

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would install a system that does not have a diaphram in the accumulator tank. (such as an accusump)

I had one that didn't have a diaphram and basically they don't work. The advantage to the accusump is that the oil and air pressure are separated by a diaphram. If there is no diapharm the oil is simply stuffed into a tank that over time becomes full of oil as the air escapes.

Once the air escapes ... no pre-lube

My advice is strongly in favor of the accusump. I have been running one for about two years now without problems of any kind. Before that I had two (from a tuner on this board) that didn't work. The tuner BTW was a great guy and steered me in the right direction while making it all right by me.

Just my opinion.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen the Accusump drop below the 60 psi (normal oil pressure) no matter how long the car sets. Since the install there is absolutely no lifter noise even with rockers and and increased strength valve spring, even after long periods of being idle.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
forgot to add, IMHO, the AMS oilers are too small for use on a Viper engine. Last I had checked, they were only available in 1 Qt systems.