An already rare color combination just made even rarer...

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why would anybody buy that for 30 grand, it needs thousands of dollars, the front facsia and hood alone are what almost 10k? For 45k you can buy an 03 in perfect condition

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just browsing eBay and came across this one. I know that there were very few Red/Black stripe SRT-C's produced and it is a shame to see one in this shape. Only 1100 miles to boot. :(

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 140196202708 end time Jan-10-08 20:28:36 PST)

I thought the same thing and looked in up in viper quarterly. It shows that red/black w/H spokes had "1" built, this is it, one of one. Unfortunately the frame looks like it's buckeld. It won't ever be right without a new frame.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real question is 'how much are that parts worth?' If the frame is bent and the engine is damaged it should be parted out.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know any more info about it? Where/Miles/etc? Thats just crazy:omg:

i heard the car was delivered to a guy on the east coast somewhere, and the car now has about $35,000 in damage. car is suppose to be at a bodyshop somewhere near ROMOCO. i am trying to confirm.

Last edited:

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was considering buying this for a SS body kit. The amount of frame damage would be the deciding factor, I do not want to build a twisted junker.

Jeff

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a "twister" and would be virtually impossible to get within specs. I wouldn't touch it....especially for $30K, turn and run the other way.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard the car was delivered to a guy on the east coast somewhere, and the car now has about $35,000 in damage. car is suppose to be at a bodyshop somewhere near ROMOCO. i am trying to confirm.

Wow, not a good way to start the new year..Hope the driver is ok but I bet he probably feels like crap if the accident was his fault:(

omore001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little bit of bond-o and the rest should buff right out... What's left of that car should have sold for no more than $18K.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was just browsing eBay and came across this one. I know that there were very few Red/Black stripe SRT-C's produced and it is a shame to see one in this shape. Only 1100 miles to boot. :(

eBay Motors: Dodge : Viper (item 140196202708 end time Jan-10-08 20:28:36 PST)

I was at 20k for the car and that was pushing it. The frame is badly twisted. The owner said the shifter was pushed to one side of the hole and could not be shifted. It just needed too much in repairs to make it straight and then you still had a 'Salvage' title car worth 35-40k. IMHO

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody jumped in and paid 30K, hope he plans on a new frame section. Wonder how long before we see it again on e-bay, and will it be fixed or will it say "lost interest" in the project?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car got hit BADLY. I just could not see it being worth fixing unless you got the parts dirt cheap and owned a body shop to cut costs down. Even then, I am not sure if it is still worth it.