Annoying dash rattle fixed!

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This rattle from the center of the dash was driving me crazy so I took the car ('06 FE coupe) in to the local Chrysler dealer (no Viper tech but an excellent service dept. and good rapport with the service folks). The tech had never worked on a Viper before but found the problem and fixed it . It was a loose heater duct. He snapped it back in place and the rattle is gone.
I'm happy now.
Bob

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is doing this also, that center vent in the top of the dash. Is this something I can fix myself, or should I take it to a dealer?

Reaction score
You can do it yourself but if the dealer is competent have them do it under your warranty. It's small but help them out if you can as many of them are really hurting.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 - Me too, my '06 VOI9 has the exact same problem.

My VOI had a rattle near the passenger side A/C vent, that would not quit.. Not terrible, but VERY annoying. Wasn't bad enough to take it in for service.

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can do it yourself but if the dealer is competent have them do it under your warranty. It's small but help them out if you can as many of them are really hurting.

Yeah, cool. Thats what I will do. I didnt even think about them getting paid under warranty to fix it. I need to help out my local dealer as much as possible. We are down to only 1 dodge dealership here and Im in a town of over 400k people. Kinda sad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62