Anodized Carbon Special Edition!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is high on my drool list. Maurice said it's just amazing in person, pictures don't do it justice. It's not matte, more of a satin, as it has some reflectivity. Very cool.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a bit confused by these matte or satin finishes which I think basically means there is no clear coat on top. (oversimplification I know) Where I struggle is you can't wax or polish them and hear even finger prints are difficult. I guess the point is I hear the maintenance on it is very difficult. Is this "satin" finish different?

OP
OP
I

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is high on my drool list. Maurice said it's just amazing in person, pictures don't do it justice. It's not matte, more of a satin, as it has some reflectivity. Very cool.
It looks satin, because the paint contains a lot of metallic.

purenxs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG….Another Special Edition.

Hopefull SRT figured out that 150 LE's is too much! Glad they got it wrong on the LE as I may be able to get one on the cheap with so many still unsold. 50 AC's, should sell if they're reasonably priced.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT and Motor Village LA threw a very nice party for the SoCal club to come and see this special car at the LA auto show.

While the car looks in pictures like a matte finish, it has a clear coat that can be waxed, just like any other finish.

It shows off all the curves and special details that kind of fade away on other colors. You can really see all the finish work that must have been done on the clay model to get the aero results they wanted.

This finish really is more subtle in many ways, but has a classy elegance that makes the car appear much more expensive.

In addition to the paint, the interior has lots of design details, and some carbon fiber parts are included into the package.

Pretty cool Viper. Something that will look just as fantastic 50 years from now, while the flat matte finishes may be more trendy.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT and Motor Village LA threw a very nice party for the SoCal club to come and see this special car at the LA auto show.

While the car looks in pictures like a matte finish, it has a clear coat that can be waxed, just like any other finish.

It shows off all the curves and special details that kind of fade away on other colors. You can really see all the finish work that must have been done on the clay model to get the aero results they wanted.

This finish really is more subtle in many ways, but has a classy elegance that makes the car appear much more expensive.

In addition to the paint, the interior has lots of design details, and some carbon fiber parts are included into the package.

Pretty cool Viper. Something that will look just as fantastic 50 years from now, while the flat matte finishes may be more trendy.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the info Paul. If it's waxable and clear coated, sounds like a robust finish.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bad thing ( 83 degrees and balmy) of being in Hawaii is you cannot just take a drive to see the color of these cars in person....I guess I will have to look at the colors of bikinis.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bad thing ( 83 degrees and balmy) of being in Hawaii is you cannot just take a drive to see the color of these cars in person....I guess I will have to look at the colors of bikinis.

Ok, that will do as a substitute for now, LOL :naughty:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish they had saved this color for the ACR! Then again, I'm guessing the ACR will be a 'bit' more **** and menacing looking! Great looking color. It really does bring out the details of the car lines. I thought for a bit the 2014 might have some slight changes in the lines!

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it a lot :). Very similar color as the MB I bought but let's not go there:nono:
Factory matte paint if done properly with a clear coat is the easiest paint to take care off. All I have to do is wash the car and apply a spray.