Another new guy to the Viper community

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to say that there will be another new face in the Illinois chapter. Just bought an 06 Blue w/ White Stripes coupe last Saturday (Feb. 26th), and haven't stopped grinning since.
But I am sure you have all been there before.
Here are a couple pics of the new (to me) beauty.
they are from my phone so they aren't the best. Gonna take a bunch with a real camera as soon as she comes home from the dealers.

Attachments

• My Viper 002.jpg
    My Viper 002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 52
  • My Viper 006.jpg
    My Viper 006.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 48
  • My Viper 013.jpg
    My Viper 013.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 48
  • My Viper 016.jpg
    My Viper 016.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 40

runin1320

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Nice choice on the '06 coupe. There are lots of great people in the club, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements, there just isn't a better color combination in my humble opinion.
It is just killing me not to have it in the garage yet, but getting a clear bra put on it and then waiting for the weather to break to bring her home.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got her home from the dealer after getting the clear bra put on and just had to share the pics of her.

You must be registered for see images attach

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the complements, there just isn't a better color combination in my humble opinion.
It is just killing me not to have it in the garage yet, but getting a clear bra put on it and then waiting for the weather to break to bring her home.

Someone replaced the First Edition center concole with BLUE....did you receive the OE console with the First Edition dash plaque ?

"Blue and White Vipers: Exciting the world since the Indy 500, 1996"

Are you near Roanoke IL? ***GREAT*** dealer support there...

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I didn't get the oem console unfortunately. :(
Would have loved to have the plaque. Maybe I could try to find the previous owner and ask what happened to it?

Im not to far from Roanoke, about 45 min. it think it was last time I went there. They are some nice people too. They will be the only ones to do any work on her, well besides Hennessey after I save up another 30 grand!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not to far from Roanoke, about 45 min. it think it was last time I went there. They are some nice people too. They will be the only ones to do any work on her, well besides Hennessey after I save up another 30 grand!

I would recommend doing a search on that before pursuing it. I have only watched from the outside but there has been a lot of dialog on the subject. There are several site supporters who have great reputations for tuning Vipers :2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up. I just naturally figured they would be the best place on to do anything to the viper. I'll have to do some more research on the subject then.

Oh, you mean Hennessey! Thats funny, I just met one of the lead engeneers and spokesman for chrysler that was involved in R&D for the ACR's and he said the same thing about them. Lots of not so good stories.

He did say that the Illinois viper club was one of the best in the country. Glad I live where I do then.

Just met this guy like 20 minutes ago, thats so weird!

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the dealer that's close by, so you should be good there.

There are several good tuners that are site supporters so if you're looking for a faster snake I would recommend starting there :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the dealer that's close by, so you should be good there.

There are several good tuners that are site supporters so if you're looking for a faster snake I would recommend starting there :2tu:

What dealer would that be?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roanoke. Jon B mentioned it above too, his endorsement is a good one. Very knowledgeable on all things Viper related.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roanoke will treat you well. You just have to be a little careful when dealing with them.........

you might end up with a second Viper!!! ;)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the funny farm! You will love it here and yes, be careful! You may end up with another car!

There are some great tuners out there that will give you what you seek. Dont mind location. When it comes to Vipers, you go where the skill is, not the other way around!

Look into the above mentioned as well as Roe Racing, Viper Specialty Performance, Woodhouse Performance, etc. There is alink to these under the vendor section for a list of all of them.

Reaction score
Congrats, I live around the corner from you...Custer Park... Wilmington. Have another Viper living about a mile down the road.

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bad Asp, welcome to our group!!

So glad to have you aboard. This has been a neat year already, lot of new people and you've all been so enthused - you'll fit right in!

First meeting is April 6th, we'll see you there. You'll see announcements in your email reminding you of it. You'll also have a new member packet on the way.

See ya at the meeting.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to meeting all the new faces in the club!
From everything I hear, The Illinoins club is one of the best to be in.

My real name is Justin by the way. I just chose Bad Asp 06 because thats what my liscense plate is going to be as soon as they get around to sending them. So thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.

P.S. Is there a list of members and the towns they live in anywhere in this forum. If not, I propose that one be created and stickied. It would be very cool to see just how many other viper owner live close by.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin,

Welcome to the club. We do have a membership roster booklet, but everyone is not in it. It is a voluntary enclusion type booklet. I am sure you can get one at the first meeting.

Yes becareful, owning one Viper OFTEN leads to owning more.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best color combo ever!! Is it a real first edition?? It should have blue steering wheel, blue shift knob and a blue ebrake

Last edited: