Another reason not to call JonB on a Monday

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While on vacation 2 months ago I was at the local WalMart on a Monday. I was in the automotive section and remembered I needed a valve stem cap. I couldn't remember which color to get, so I called JonB at around 12:30pm(10:30am his time). I told him I was at WalMart looking at valve stem caps and needed to know which exact color to get so I would not buy the wrong one, as I'd hate to waste $0.98. This is a family site, so I can't post what his reply was to my question. I thought I could diffuse the situation by offering to buy the valve stem cap from him. I even offered to buy 2 of them, when I only needed one!! For reasons that are beyond me, this only made the situation worse. The venom continued to spew from the phone. In a last ditch effort to diffuse the situation, I offered to buy a transmission. There was a brief pause, and then laughter from Jon. He apologized for falling for my "joke". I didn't have the cajones to tell him I was serious.

So, because I called Jon on a Monday, I now have a new transmission but did NOT receive the help with the valve stem caps. In the future, I'll call with the minor questions on a Tuesday.

:D

Ok, seriously. I have been having problems with my transmission since the day I bought the car several years ago. 6th gear is about impossible to engage. I was going to replace the synchro, until my only visit to the track resulted in 3rd gear not engaging after about 3-4 passes. Now I'd need the blocker ring assy. The car is over 10 years old, so why not do a rebuild? I checked around to see what a rebuild would cost. Then I called Jon up to see if he had anything. WOW!! If you are thinking of rebuilding your transmission, call Jon for a quote on a new T-56. :2tu: Thanks Jon!

In the next few weeks, the new T-56 will be installed along with WoodHouse engine and tranny mounts, Dave's PS pulley and bracket, and a Hurst shifter. It'll be like getting a new car. :drive:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A downside of cell phones is that, especially while inside metal buildings, they without notice, drop the calls... Glad this phenomena did not happen to you.:nono:

Jon is a PITA about 1/2 the time but he does have wonderful prices on parts and really knows his stuff. He's in the pacific NW, it rains all the time, they see sun twice a year...Doubt this has any effect on it, I'm just sayin.:dunno:

I'm waiting on wheels and badges from Jon. I've found it MUCH easier to just e-mail him :lmao:

Glad to hear you have that new tranny on the way!

OP
OP
C

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tranny was delivered over a month ago to a shop in Dalton, GA. I hear the guy running that shop has worked on a Viper or 2. I'm going to bring him my car next weekend along with a service manual and pray for the best. :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should have asked Jon to do a VCA discount on the caps and then have him tell you how much you would get off. :D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GEEZ !! You got my attention.... I hope folks read past the first 6 sentences and pick up the joke faster than I did! .....you had ME trying to remember this faux-event........

Glad we could help... and THANKS. [and we DO have colored stem caps both logos !]

Off to DETROIT for balance of this week...........

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon...long shot here-probably will not get this BUT I'm just 15 minutes away.Would pay you some cash (at least $300) to come look over my car-in Windsor.No Viper Tech anywhere near me.Just a quick inspection? Couple hours? Take it for a spin etc.? Never been looked at by anyone who knows Vipers.

Please if you are able? Would be nice to meet you and complete my rough draft of my Jon B. positive thread coming up...

Kevin St. Julian, 02 rt10 (red) in Windsor.You have my number Jon. 519 area code.

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's the exact reason why I waited for today to call Jon. I also just bought a new T56 from Parts Rack. I can't wait to get it back on the road.:drive:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's the exact reason why I waited for today to call Jon. I also just bought a new T56 from Parts Rack. I can't wait to get it back on the road.:drive:

It shipped Thurs 10/1 THANKS......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62