Another viper video

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a test video with my new camera. There is no color correction/editing and its raw straight from the camera. Wanted to test out the audio and video. Probably going to get a shotgun mic to get better audio as well. Going to make a video with a few cars around the area soon so we can all hear the difference of set ups and what not. Enjoy.

Don't forget to watch in HD. If you watch it in 1080p it needs to be full screen....stupid youtube. Best to watch it in 720p without full screen

Wes

http://youtu.be/M3eGrwCRCBo?hd=1

Last edited:

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a test video with my new camera. There is no color correction/editing and its raw straight from the camera. Wanted to test out the audio and video. Probably going to get a shotgun mic to get better audio as well. Going to make a video with a few cars around the area soon so we can all hear the difference of set ups and what not. Enjoy.

Don't forget to watch in HD. If you watch it in 1080p it needs to be full screen....stupid youtube. Best to watch it in 720p without full screen

Wes

http://youtu.be/M3eGrwCRCBo?hd=1

Yes, nice. I get where you are going with this video. I think if you follow the same format for each car; starting the car, the dash view while running it out and finish each one with the same type of burn out at the end, it will give people that apples-to-apples comparison for different setups.
FYI, I've used a shotgun mic many years. Play with it a little bit and do some test editing. I suggest for that burnout at the end, you set it to uni-directional and not omni-directional to get the best results of that growl. In other words, make the rage as narrow as it will go. When set to this mode you need to have the boom mic facing "exactly" at the sound source. Outdoors, 10 degrees left or right makes a huge difference. Good luck with the vid.

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, nice. I get where you are going with this video. I think if you follow the same format for each car; starting the car, the dash view while running it out and finish each one with the same type of burn out at the end, it will give people that apples-to-apples comparison for different setups.
FYI, I've used a shotgun mic many years. Play with it a little bit and do some test editing. I suggest for that burnout at the end, you set it to uni-directional and not omni-directional to get the best results of that growl. In other words, make the rage as narrow as it will go. When set to this mode you need to have the boom mic facing "exactly" at the sound source. Outdoors, 10 degrees left or right makes a huge difference. Good luck with the vid.

yeah I'd like to film something similar to this. I just really wanted to test out the new camera, and since I was filming everything myself, I had some limitations with the tripod and views and what not. But thanks for the tips.

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the Viper video but you got some splaining to do about Cornelius... :lmao: I recognized your toes from the reflection in the Viper Video...

Lol not too much to explain other than him being awesome and my viper buddy.

Btw how did you get the video embedded from youtube? I've tried the embedded link but it doesn't work.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Viper video but you got some splaining to do about Cornelius... :lmao: I recognized your toes from the reflection in the Viper Video...

Lol not too much to explain other than him being awesome and my viper buddy.

Btw how did you get the video embedded from youtube? I've tried the embedded link but it doesn't work.

I watched the Cornelius video twice with my wife. Cornelius is The Man ! My wife loves animals and hand feeds squirrels at our back door. We loved it...

To imbed the videos just do Go Advanced and use the little icon that looks like a piece of light blue movie film...

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for these vids. It'll get me through the next few months while I'm viperless.

DMACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid. What type of camera did you use. I'm inn the market for a new one.

Thanks

OP
OP
W

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice vid. What type of camera did you use. I'm inn the market for a new one.

Thanks

Canon XA-10. It's a little pricey, but has some pro features of the higher end cameras and professional audio inputs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss