Any Extended warranty deals out there from Dodge dealers?

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to get a Dodge extended warranty for my 08 coupe. Any killer deals out there?

Thanks

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The prices on the MaxCare Warranty really increased late last year (there is a thread somewhere regarding this huge jump). As of Oct 1st of 2012, the Viper was moved to a Specialty Class 3 Vehicle. The result, the extended warranty price increased nearly $2000. When I got mine for my 09 vert, in Dec. of 2011, the cost was around $1,850 ($50 deductable) for a 7 year. And that was considered a good deal (got it thru a Chuck Tator reference). So it's inceased roughly 100%. It's not going to be cheap.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started the thread about the Class 3 change. I did read/hear somewhere that shortly after the Viper was moved down to a class 2. I don't know if there is any truth to that or not, but it should be cheaper if thats the case.

Class 1 was around 1800, Class 3 was around 3700, no clue on Class 2.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased (January of 2013) a max care 7/50 for my 09 ACR from Westbury Jeep on Long Island. Purchase was done over the net. Total cost was around $1300. Paperwork from Chrysler arrived a few weeks later. Bought one for my 08 from them a year or so ago. Price then was around $1200.

OP
OP
X

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. Westbury's looking good..!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They will be firing someone fairly soon as LesPauldude is completely correct , there was a huge increase in the surcharge alone for the Viper -- over 2K for that alone. Sure appears someone is probably not plugging the cars in using the Vin number ( the easy way now), but are using the old pricing book and even failing to charge the old surcharge. Won't be too many going out anywhere near this price for long, as accounting will catch the big losses soon.

For years Vipers have had the lowest service contract prices of any exotic or high end sportscars. Apparently the surcharge codes have caught up, considering the changes and the fact that everything else is in that price strata. Surprisingly , with this change , it is still under many other contracts, but there is absolutely no doubt that George got a buy, but it was precipitated by someone who is no able to read the guide in the book, nor is using the Chrysler computer price quote picked up by just using the Vin.

OP
OP
X

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They processed the 7yr/50k with the $50 deductable for $1415 total. Hopefully wont have any issues.

Thanks

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it goes through consider yourself one lucky man. And as Bill said, probably at somebody's expense. I had a 7yr/50k max. care priced out for a 2009 for $2700. And that's not a bad deal - relatively speaking.

The days of $1300 - 1700 max. car warranties are over!

Samiam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone have any news regarding extended factory warranties for the Vipers (even better for a 2010 ACR) - cost, location, who, etc? It's about that time for me. Thanks.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the 7 yr 50k on my '09 this spring for just over $1800. It was about the same price if I recall on my '08 when I bought it last fall.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why not put the money ( 1800 or 2000) in an investment account and IF you need Viper repairs, take it from your "other" pocket....my $.02 seems that when you don't have the money is when you need it !!?? IF you never use it, buy your kid a cheap car to drive to school ??!!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like to get a Dodge extended warranty for my 08 coupe. Any killer deals out there?

Thanks
I got my warranty for my 09 ACR through Mac Haik Dodge in Houston, Tx. for a great price. It would pay to call them for a quote. Ask for Don Rugeleski, the general sales manager and tell him Mark sent you as he knows me very well and will give you the best price for the plan you need. 281 447 9500.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why not put the money ( 1800 or 2000) in an investment account and IF you need Viper repairs, take it from your "other" pocket....my $.02 seems that when you don't have the money is when you need it !!?? IF you never use it, buy your kid a cheap car to drive to school ??!!

There have been more than one person on the forums who have received complete engine rebuilds under warranty. The thought of not having to pay for that is well worth it IMO. That and the window regulator failures etc. $1800 for an additional 5 years, $30 a month isnt too bad of a gamble IMO. And if you sell the car or decided you don't want it you can cancel it and get a prorated refund.

$1800 is cheap insurance to cover my $20,000+ motor and extras in my $100k car until November 2019.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To each his own, I know a guy that buys wheel insurance when he gets a new car....not everybody likes chocolate ice cream...just my $.02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R