1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good shots of the car colors?

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by DMan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. DMan

DMan Viper Owner

So I've seen the blue, yellow & new red in person. But looking at the colors is tough, I got the new Viper mag & it has a page with the colors on little car models & 3 look black. I'm really interested in what the Charcoal Pearl looks like. And is one of those "black" looking cars really a dark blue? I guess one must be the charcoal too, seem awefully dark in that mag pic.

2. bcmarly

bcmarly Enthusiast

I took this from my camera phone in Idaho Springs last Sunday afternoon. Dick Winkles, Mike Jobe and two other engine techs met me there so I could see the cars in person. They were staying in Keystone and agreed to meet me half way. I took a ride with Dick in the yellow GTS. These were pre-production mules 11,12&13. Thanks to coloviper for making this happen and an even bigger thanks to the Viper team!!!

http://youtu.be/FX2kXHQJZks

3. emericr

emericr Enthusiast

You lucky &#^$%& in a good way :)

4. DMan

DMan Viper Owner

LoL, the mules must all be those 3 colors. Those are the colors I saw in person at VOI. Thanks.

5. bcmarly

bcmarly Enthusiast

Any color you want as long as it's yellow, red or blue. ha

6. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Viper Owner

What's the name of that blue color?

And what's with the different wheels!!

7. BlknBlu

BlknBlu Viper Owner

Shadow blue is the darker shade of blue.

Bruce

8. DMan

DMan Viper Owner

My son will give me pressure on that dark blue, he loves that super dark blue look.

Just wish we had a better look at them. But in time ....

9. Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse VCA Member - West VCA Member

SRT realizes that the colors are hard to view off of the website and they are working on it.

Most have so far seen the white, GTS Blue, Yellow , Stryker Red , and Red. Black is not hard to visualize , so the ones everyone is really wondering about is the Gunmetal and the darker blue.

Rumors are just a bit darker than graphite with a bit more metallic in it, and almost as dark as Sapphire Blue , but with less of that purple tinge -- but again , just rumors, so hopefully we will see stuff soon that will lay our curiosity to rest?

10. Coloviper

Coloviper Viper Owner

Bob;

Glad you met up with the SRT Team last weekend. Great group of guys and boy can they chug aged Root Beer at TommyKnockers! Ha! Ha! Now if I could just get that fully loaded GTS (in my price range) with $50K discount, then I could stop beating myself up becuase I don't have that current level of available funds to put towards it.

Then again I am holding out for the "Black Magic" paint to come out in a year or two. Normally is Black but changes 17 different colors depending on sun angle and reflection. Similar to BASF Mystic used 17 years ago. Then again that will be a $25K paint job none the less.

11. DMan

DMan Viper Owner

The guy that road with me when I drove the yellow 2013 said they do have a mule in the gunmetal, but that car you'll not see, but he said it was "sinister" looking. Now that's a word I strive to achieve with every car I own, so I can't wait to see it - although I'm afraid if I see ans SRT in gunmetal pearl with track pack, black wheels, aero pack, god help me, I may not be able to resist a gen5. So I should want them to take their time as I'm looking to bait my own hook lol.
    Dave.

12. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Viper Owner

Damn SRT if they save some colors for after few years :mad:

13. MoparMan

MoparMan Enthusiast

We really need some pics of the gunmetal and the black mules plus better pics of what the hyper black actually looks like on the rims.

14. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Viper Owner

Saw a black GTS with gunmetal stripes. The stripes were so dark you could hardly see them. Some will like that. The hyper black wheels are lighter, more like graphite, and I like them better than the matt black wheels. I think the GTS-R has hyper black wheels----definitely not matt black.

Bill

15. 01sapphirebob

01sapphirebob Enthusiast

Ask and you shall receive. Hyper black rims...:)

Rattler
    [​IMG]

Venom
    [​IMG]

Sidewinder II
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the slightly blurry photos

16. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

I thought one of the colors was going to be the graphite pearl on the GTS-R...I'm definitely bummed about that.

17. SlayerLS1

SlayerLS1 Viper Owner

Notice how red with white stripes isn't an option? I smell another special edition.

18. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Viper Owner

hyperblack doesnt look black at all!

19. bcmarly

bcmarly Enthusiast

Yeah I don't get the labeling. Hyper suggests blacker than black, is this color more of a dark grey?

20. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Viper Owner

It's a very, very dark grey----not like the pictures of the wheels on the wall. It is also shiny----you will not think it is too light. But the matt black is the darker of the two colors by a shade and is not what I would choose.

Bill

21. bcmarly

bcmarly Enthusiast

I agree, I don't care for the black wheels/tires that disappear into the black wheel wells. I'm guessing the stryker red show car wheels are hyper black?

22. SADVIPER

SADVIPER Viper Owner

I think they both will look fantastic but depending on which body color you choose, light or dark. as in that yellow srt and as in the gts-r.

23. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Viper Owner

No, they are not. The six spoke Venom on the show car has polished faces and painted pockets. I can't say for sure if the pockets are painted hyper black or if they are lighter. The six spoke in Hyper Black will be darker than the show car, but light enough not to disappear into the wheel wells(I think)---disappearing into the wheel wells is exactly the look I don't like, too. I like the other wheels ok but my favorite wheel is the Sidewinder II (Track Pack) in Hyper Black. I saw the SRT in Race Yellow with black stripes and the Hyper Black Track Pack wheels, and it is awesome.....

Bill

24. klamathpro

klamathpro Viper Owner

I just took a tour of the Conner plant and man is it a clean and amazing facility. We were not allowed to take pictures of the plant floor itself, but they let us bring our cameras anyways for taking pics of the historic Vipers. I couldn't resist and took a few zoom shots. These two are probably ok to post because they don't show much of the plant. I saw Black, Red, Stryker Red, Yellow, Blue, Gunmetal, darker blue, and REALLY darker blue, which is Ralph's car and probably not a production color because it looked like saphire blue.

You can see the really dark stipes on the black one to the right.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  25. ViperSmith

ViperSmith Enthusiast

arg, can't decide which color car i'll want, they all look so sexy

26. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Viper Owner

Took the same tour. We were all told no pics.......except the historic Vipers....why would you take them, let alone post them?

Bill

27. MoparMan

MoparMan Enthusiast

Very cool shot of the two black cars; thank you so much for posting this.

I'm really torn between the black with gunmetal stripes and the gunmetal with black stripes. Either way, I think the black rims look killer.

28. MoparMan

MoparMan Enthusiast

Bill - thanks for the input. Sounds like the matte black is too dark for your tastes but would you have that same opinion of the hyper black?

29. AJ usmc

AJ usmc Enthusiast

the pic with the two black cars and stripes i dont see a problem with except maybe pics of the stripes, the yellow one i dont realy see a problem with either because isnt that around the same general area that they took pics of the stryker? but i would've gotten consent however that is done. ahwell, it was nice when it was up, maybe i missed something "top secret":rolleyes:

25.jpg

30. klamathpro

klamathpro Viper Owner

I was taking a pic of the old historic Lemans car, and those two black Gen V's got in the way. :)