Any interest in Gen 3/4 office chairs?

Reaction score
We have a few extra Gen 3/4 Viper seats (the real deal) and have teamed up with a major auto accessory company to build a possible office chair. Here is a prototype, including gear-shift height release, brake rotor base, and tire tread arm rests:

dachair.jpg

The production units would sit lower than shown, however because there is such a large front bolster it is possible that those with shorter legs may not have their feet touch the ground even when the chair is down all the way. Figure 5'4" or less will have their legs swinging. With original Viper seats pretty darn expensive to begin with, we would need to get about $1200 a pop for these very unique office chairs.

PM us if you might have interest and we will take it from there. :2tu:

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested, but I'm guessing that (based on everything there) the price tag would bee too much for me to enjoy!

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, very interested. I have drooling over one of theses the past month or so. The pricing seems high compared to others on the market. Why?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen race chairs but with cheap race seats, not an actual seat from a Viper. I can't imagine the markup on this chair is significant considering the cost of the seat itself. Would be great if member discount could be applied to the price. :D Love the gear shifter and rotor.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice. Any idea how much the price could be reduced if the rotor/caliper were removed? I could see whacking the back of your heel on the rotor, as sometimes I sit with my feet on the chair's legs.

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
The seats themselves are about $1470 each MSRP, with some colors (like blue) no longer available (blue stitched seat bottom discontinued - the seat back is still out there for $550 each). The base adds another $250 - with or without the rotor. Both the rotor and shock spring (can't see the latter but it is around the pedestal) are easily added/removed by the customer as they are plastic - but it wouldn't affect the price. We could probably do VCA/Venom discounts as well.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, the old plastic rotor trick. Is there any adjustment to have the seat bottom tilt forward? That makes a huge difference sitting at a desk all day. Thanks.

F

FrgMstr

I like the idea but having several concerns that come to mind immediately.

How hot will that thing be as an office chair, I am used to Aeron comfort. Would it position correctly for me to use my keyboard for 10 hours at a time. Would like silver stitching. The arm rests look uncomfortable.

BUT, I do like the overall idea. Pretty damn nifty.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I'm intersted...please clarify if there is a Venom discount off the $1200.00.

Also, what color options do we have for the stitching?

Thanks,
George

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely cool and I understand the price. I just can't afford to spend that much on a chair.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neat idea but the rotors need to be replaced every 6-8 k reboots.:)

Actually, I think that's a valid point mentioned earlier about the sweaty back thing if you spend hours at the pc.

Is this a one time special thing or can we look to get one a later down the road?

OP
OP
V
Reaction score
These would be a one-time deal with all appropriate VCA/Venom discounts. We recently took our prototype and spread the bolsters out to make it more comfortable for longer sit-downs. It has a lockable tilt mechanism like most office chairs, but wouldn't tilt forward - few office chairs do. Besides tilting backwards, it has the factory recline lever on the side so you can either lock the base so it stays perpendicular to the floor while reclining the seat back, or allow it to tilt while still reclining it - yep, it goes pretty far back when you combine the two.

As for colors, they will be limited to blue stitching and tan/brown stitching for now, as that is what we have in stock. We could conceivably special-order other colors (like red), but because it would lower our margins considerably we might not be able to offer the same discounts. Also note that the armrests in the picture are lower than normal - and backwards. The entire chair was revamped to get it lower to the ground (no more feet-dangling for most people) and raise the armrests. They are individually height-adjustable so you can set the armrest height to whatever is most comfortable.

These are 100% factory Viper seats as found in the cars - not replicas or imitations. So if you get hot after driving for hours at a time in your Viper then it is entirely possible you could get warm in these. Just note that unlike a Viper where your legs are stretched out in front of you thereby forcing you back into the seat, your legs are usually straight down or under the chair so you can easily lean forward - and often will when working at a desk, etc. Thus your back may be resting on the chair when you are leaned back (taking calls, watching TV, etc.) but may not even be touching the back of the chair when you are leaning forward to write, type, etc.

Again, all prototype discussions at this point but we could have chairs ready to ship within a couple weeks if the interest is there. Thanks for the feedback!