Any new ACRs left in Canada?

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi..First time poster, long time lurker.

I am interested in adding an ACR Viper to my stash of cars. Been looking at them for a long time and I am now able
to purchase one. Would anyone happen to know of any unsold ACRs in Canada? I'd prefer new if possible. I only know of one in the west coast. Also, if I purchase a left over 2010 would the warranty still be intact?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like one of the VCA site supporting vendors has a couple BRAND NEW 2010 ACR's still in stock. 7:12.13 sec. editions too!! Check out BJmotors.biz

OP
OP
V

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like one of the VCA site supporting vendors has a couple BRAND NEW 2010 ACR's still in stock. 7:12.13 sec. editions too!! Check out BJmotors.biz

I have been told by several dealers in the USA that if I purchase a new Chrysler product in the USA and bring it here the warranty would be voided. Either way I will contact BJ motors and see what we can do.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know of a brand new 2010 ssg special edition acr in the wrapper. pm me and i will give you the info.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranties are voided for any Chrysler product brought in from the U.S. to Canada, so whether it is bought from a dealer or used, Chrysler Canada will not honour any warranty from vehicles destined for sale or sold from the U.S.

Every website seems to confirm this with one exception:
Warranties of vehicles purchased in the United States will not be valid in Canada, unless a customer moves to Canada and gets approval by Chrysler Canada.

Looks like you'd have to title the vehicle in your name in the U.S. and prove to Chrysler Canada that you would be moving to Canada in order for them to approve a warranty transfer.

Another website had this to say:
Chrysler calls itself "Canada's Choice". And to make sure it stays that way, the company has elected to void your OEM warranty if you import one of their vehicles from the United States into Canada. If you still wish to purchase a product from this company, we suggest you request a discount from the U.S. dealership equal to the manufacturer's warranty allocation (which the manufacturer builds into the price of each vehicle) and purchase a third-party warranty.

Baked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of our Western Canadian Members owns a dealership in Vancouver and he might have one or know where to get one. I'll send you a PM.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is a brand new 2010 ACR here in Alberta that's been for sale for awhile now. They want 110k for it from what I remember.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where are you located, or what you are looking for. My dealer in Toronto does have a used 2010 black, drivers red stripe ACR. It has 9500km on it, the owner of the dealership used it as a personal car.

Vehicle was never registered, so whoever buys it will be the first owner.

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be the 1 I found about a month ago. There were asking $101,000 Canadian. We also confirmed the warranty question; It would have been voided as soon as it got back to USA asphalt.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The owner was driving it a month ago and needed the car for VOI, would you want to sell it LOL? Car is priced much cheaper now.

Last edited:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A member of the Quebec VCA has an all black 08 ACR with red driver stripe for sale, perfect car with full Belanger headers/ exhaust. About 27,000 KM
, still on the original Pilot sport cup tires, for $70,000

OP
OP
V

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your feedback; and confirming the warranty dilemma. I am in Toronto right now, but I will be relocating to either Richmond or Vancouver, B.C. next summer.

To be honest, I thought there would have been a deeper discount on a left over ACR considering it is 2-3 MYs old by now.
I think I may actually pass on purchasing a brand new one, it just isn't worth the premium over a used one. My favourite colour combination is the Black with the red driver's side stripe and it appears there are no new ACRs in that colour combination anyhow.

I have a few more questions for you all:

Will the Viper ACR prices remain constant, or will they drop by next year with the introduction of the fifth gen?

Is an extended warranty available on the ACR? I tried searching for it, but couldn't find it.

I am not in a rush to purchase an ACR. I am willing to wait for a good deal for one, plus winter is just around the corner anyhow!

Thanks guys, I look forward to your responses.

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get an extended warranty for any model of Viper (ACR) as long as the existing factory warranty is still active (my understanding). This is for a Max Care Chysler Warranty.
Also the 2010s have 5/100,000 on the drivetrain and 3/36,000 bumper to bumper.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastest production car of all time - good luck on seing big drops. They are an amazing buy as they sit now. They will always hold value more then a non ACR