Any new to Viper, Gen V owners looking to pickup an older one now?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity.

Pondering the idea of a Gen II, it was the iconic car that got me into cars. Would be fun to have for the occasional drive, IMHO.

Not right away, but perhaps a year or two.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why go backwards to a heavier clutch and death trap with no traction or stability control?

flame suit on...

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity.

Pondering the idea of a Gen II, it was the iconic car that got me into cars. Would be fun to have for the occasional drive, IMHO.

Not right away, but perhaps a year or two.

They are one of the best bang for the buck exotics. for around $38G you can get a low mileage ( 10,000 or less) GTS and supercharge it.

I have a ROE supercharger on my 1997. The car is a blast to drive.

Driving a gen2 is NOT scarry. Being married is scarry !!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually one of the reasons I loved the V so much was because to me it looked like a II on roids, and I love the II:2tu:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check out the 96 on Chicago Motor Car's inventory..you'll fall in love...low 30's

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why go backwards to a heavier clutch and death trap with no traction or stability control?

flame suit on...

Man Card. Yours just expired.

I love my 1970 Chevelle SS 454 for exactly those reasons. And yes, I would like to add a Gen 2 GTS to my collection someday.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a dumb idea... I mean that would be like wanting an original AC Cobra, or Ferrari Daytona or even as silly as wanting an original Hemi Chally. Ridiculous:rolleyes:

All kidding aside the early Vipers have a unique and exciting feel about them and they are actually better occasional drivers than the cars mentioned above. My GTS is going to look great sitting next to my GenV someday.

Funny thing is that in 8 or 10 years both cars will be close in value too...