Any raodsters with ACR splitter w/o rear wing?

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about an ACR splitter and canards without a wing on my roadster. Wondering if anyone can post shots of theirs. Or, if someone can photoshop chop a wing off of an aero vert. I'm open to a wing but not ready to upgrade the suspension for it so will wait.

Thank you

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find out that the down force generated by the splitter and canards in the front needs to be balanced by a wing or the rear end can get light. I also think the down force in the front alone with ACR parts may be substantial enough to need upgraded suspension alone.

Having said that one does see a bunch of cars running around with front splitters only, are those cars risking being light in the rear or are some after market splitters more for looks than down force? I don't know. I would just research it carefully before adding the down force parts only in the front from the ACR, they really work.

I do remember reading that the aero package does not require suspension upgrades so if you did both front and back you should be good to go with a balanced setup. That's a different wing than the ACR (smaller, less downforce) and the front canards are left off .
Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse would be good person to ask about all this.

There are pictures around of the aero group on convertibles, I will see if I can find one.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If this helps, some pics of my aero vert.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have just the small Autoform spoiler with ACR splitter.

You must be registered for see images

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks really sharp! I've thought about doing something similar on mine, but I'd be worried about losing the ability to jack the car up. It is already a pain in the but getting in/out of my driveway.

Viper0062

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am running splitter on my '08. Agree, the front needs to be balanced by a wing. Looking for rear wing that I like.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the ACR splitter and using the Hennessey Venomaero rear spoiler. It looks like the one mbccenter is using.

OP
OP
L

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find out that the down force generated by the splitter and canards in the front needs to be balanced by a wing or the rear end can get light. I also think the down force in the front alone with ACR parts may be substantial enough to need upgraded suspension alone.

Having said that one does see a bunch of cars running around with front splitters only, are those cars risking being light in the rear or are some after market splitters more for looks than down force? I don't know. I would just research it carefully before adding the down force parts only in the front from the ACR, they really work.

I do remember reading that the aero package does not require suspension upgrades so if you did both front and back you should be good to go with a balanced setup. That's a different wing than the ACR (smaller, less downforce) and the front canards are left off .
Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse would be good person to ask about all this.

There are pictures around of the aero group on convertibles, I will see if I can find one.

Thank you for the info. I did do a search and couldn't find images with combination in question. I did find a lot of the ACR Roadsters and Aero roadsters that all had wings. From what I gathered, as long as I didn't run the ACR extension I would be fine without upgrading the suspension. I do see what you ar esaying, a front splitter will probably add a little more to the front than without the slitter and pushing down on the front would lift the rear. I do like Steve's low stanchion ACR wing but am not ready. I going to do this in stages I'd upgrade the brakes, then a roll bar then suspension before adding the wing. I already have the splitter, I did get a good deal in the VCA classified a couple months ago and do need to repair it. I'm looking at being home for a couple weeks and want to long-haul the Power Tour this year. I want to do a few things to the Viper to make it mine per say. It still looks like "Ryan's old car".

Thank you for the shot. I've seen your profile pic but didn't realize you didn't have a wing. I like it.

OP
OP
L

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am running splitter on my '08. Agree, the front needs to be balanced by a wing. Looking for rear wing that I like.

That's a Lempke Street Serpent isn't it? It has crossed my mind to have Jeff convert my car. But, I like the look and function of the ACR splitter and canards which don't flow with the Street Serpent front end.

Ive got both
Did you have to upgrade your suspension? I notice you're running the taller stanchions for the wing? That is the ACR wing and not the aero wing? I like the look but would want to upgrade the suspension before adding the wing if it needed it.

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have to upgrade your suspension? I notice you're running the taller stanchions for the wing? That is the ACR wing and not the aero wing? I like the look but would want to upgrade the suspension before adding the wing if it needed it.

Ive got both stantions, and both end caps, i love the stand up wing, havent upgraded suspension, fells fine so far, havent noticed anything that needs addressing

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few pics of my set up, euroteck front splitter, acrx canards, and custom carbon fiber spoiler/canard.

Viper0062

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, Jeff converted my '08 coupe last year. I am very please with Jeff's attention to detail and his craftsmanship on the build. I have added K&N 69 Series Typhoon cold air intake and MGW short through shifter. Have Belanger headers and catback exhaust system, new manifold gaskets and stage 8 locking fasteners on garage floor waiting for my local speed shop to install next weekend. Next upgrade will be Race Engine Controller - P5155254AB, ported intake and catch can. Can't run on track until I install rear wing and I am looking for one that I like. Agree I don't think canards look right on Street Serpent. Any ideas on rear wing that you guy's like
better than others?

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few pics of my set up, euroteck front splitter, acrx canards, and custom carbon fiber spoiler/canard.
Do you have any straight on shots of the lip? They look good in your pictures, but it looks kind of goofy on Euroteck's site.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front pic..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave