Any S2000 owners ever look back?

Do you regret switching from an S2000 to Viper?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking at getting another car within the next 2 years. I had a 2006 GPW S2000 that I sold about a year ago. I am wanting to get back into another car. I am wondering if a vert would fit the bill. I have been on the forums doing alot of research and I am curious to hear what other S2000 owners have to say. Thanks in advance.

MikeT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
King,
I have previously leased S2000's, both AP1 and AP2 versions: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008. There is a reason I had four in a row. It is a great car for what it is. I loved the cars which I used as my daily drivers. Bullet-proof reliability, and engineered to run at 8k+ RPMs all day long. Definitely a hoot to drive. The S2000 is different enough (here in CT) so that you infrequently pass another on the road. It is also a car that you can easily leave unattended at Target and not worry about it. I bought my Gen3 3 years ago, and it's a completely different experience altogether. You don't need to rev the viper, the torque is there right off idle. The v10 sound is intoxicating. It's easy to get a little overzealous with the gas pedal-with the s2000 you really need to "try" to break the tires loose. In the viper, you need to respect the power big time- it's scary easy to swap ends. My advice- find a way to keep the S2000 for daily use, and do your research on this board as you search for your future viper. Good luck, Mike T

OP
OP
K

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King,
I have previously leased S2000's, both AP1 and AP2 versions: 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008. There is a reason I had four in a row. It is a great car for what it is. I loved the cars which I used as my daily drivers. Bullet-proof reliability, and engineered to run at 8k+ RPMs all day long. Definitely a hoot to drive. The S2000 is different enough (here in CT) so that you infrequently pass another on the road. It is also a car that you can easily leave unattended at Target and not worry about it. I bought my Gen3 3 years ago, and it's a completely different experience altogether. You don't need to rev the viper, the torque is there right off idle. The v10 sound is intoxicating. It's easy to get a little overzealous with the gas pedal-with the s2000 you really need to "try" to break the tires loose. In the viper, you need to respect the power big time- it's scary easy to swap ends. My advice- find a way to keep the S2000 for daily use, and do your research on this board as you search for your future viper. Good luck, Mike T

Thanks for the info Mike, I wish I would have kept my S, I purchased it brand new in 2006, then last year when I got back from Iraq I purchased a Jeep Wrangler, and a few months later sold my S2000. Now I'm looking for something to fill that spot.

Right now the only other option I am looking at is trading in the Jeep, and purchasing a used GT-R. I keep going back and forth between the Viper and GT-R. I understand they are apples and oranges but Those are the only two cars I have any interest in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62