Any word on Price yet???

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously. What the hell are they waiting for? I think they're afraid to tell us because its gonna be so expensive. lol

Agreed, they don't want the Porsche/Audi owners to venture on this forum and see everyone bashing the price for 2-3 months.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope they don't hike the price too high. I remember watching Ralph in an interview and he said that the Porsche owners hurt their feelings a bit. He said something along the lines of he was told (paraphrasing) "for the money your asking, the quality isn't there." Now it seems they attacked that issue. However, in my book, all that means is that the current price is finally justified. Several people on here have said that SRT needs to be careful and not push too close to Ford GT pricing, etc.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new and improved version of the SRT8 Jeeps jumped over 35% in price(and they're actually a bit slower!) :omg:

I'm sure SRT won't make the same misstep again.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new and improved version of the SRT8 Jeeps jumped over 35% in price(and they're actually a bit slower!) :omg:

I'm sure SRT won't make the same misstep again.

I had deposit ready and passed on the SRT8 Jeep after they revealed it. A lot I like about it but WAY too many shortcomings for that price. At least in the 2014 they'll have a new tranny and head unit that fits the car. Not that Godawful Sirius pile of junk.

Regarding the Porsche comments, I don't see how Ralph would find that relevant. To have a Porsche anywhere near the all around performance of the $100k ACR you'd have to shell out $250k + for the GT2RS. I'd say you got exactly what you paid for.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw on MT magazine that the base price for the 2013 viper is 95 grands.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any word yet?

At Pebble Beach someone in the SRT Area mentioned to me that the SRT would be priced between 94k-100k & the GTS would be 100k to 120k. I don't believe the GTS amount starting at 100k, however the SRT seems about right. I was actually surprised that anyone at SRT would mention price.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At Pebble Beach someone in the SRT Area mentioned to me that the SRT would be priced between 94k-100k & the GTS would be 100k to 120k. I don't believe the GTS amount starting at 100k, however the SRT seems about right. I was actually surprised that anyone at SRT would mention price.

Me too....:rolleyes:

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that realistically, with sales tax, it will take $130K to take a loaded GTS home. However, when you compare the technology, quality of materials, and performance of this car to similar cars from Italy or Germany, $130K is a screaming BARGAIN.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ $130k the GTS is gonna flop after the newness wears off. Unless SRT has a HUGE trick up it's sleeve and it's a lot faster than the Gen IV I just don't see it happening. Not even car for the price.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If the Gen V is faster than an ACR and cost less, will all this pricing concernation go away?

Lots of production cars are "faster" then Gen 4 ACR's. It depends on what you are talking about. None of them are "faster" around a road course. And unless the Gen V body generates some serious downforce, which I doubt, it will be around the same performance as a ZR1 with cups...which, is "slower", around a road course.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a tweet from Ralph and he says: "Price in less than two weeks, Canadian prices will be about the same."

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a tweet from Ralph and he says: "Price in less than two weeks, Canadian prices will be about the same."

Hopefully more informative than "Starting At." Glad to see they want to announce it though. Now it's time for performance numbers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth