Anyone have a SRT-10 Insured with Geico?????

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been with Geico for a number of years now and I just called to add a 06 SRT-10 and they told they do not insure Vipers!!!!! ***. Please let me know if you are indeed insured with Geico and have a srt-10.

Thanks,
ROB

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had insurance with GEICO for 30+ years and they insured all my High Performance cars until 1999 and they refused to write any Corvettes. I also built a new house and their Home owners policy was 30% higher than the one I found because fire dept was 25 miles away. I cancelled CEICO and found better rates at cheaper price with "reputable" company!!!:nono:

I will say one thing good about them. You have no problems with claims.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went on line with Geico and added the freakin Viper. NO PROBLEMS!!! Insurance is a pain in the a$$. I have not had a claim or a ticket for 15 years. I will keep them for now, but I will start shopping.

Thanks,
ROB

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I tried them a number of times, they told me no vipers, or even my twin turbo supra was "too fast" for them...

I agree with the above comment tho, they are great on claims (we were hit by a Geico insured) and they were frankly amazing (overpaid us within 48 hours, no questions asked).

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allstate tried a similar thing with me after being with them for 23 years. My agent contacted their underwriters directly and it is now on my Allstate policy but it isn't cheap. Whats interesting is that because of their not being as cheap as I would like I shopped around afterward. Geico gave me a quote on my 06 SRT-10 but it was comparable to Allstate so I am staying with Allstate. Not sure why Geico wont quote you........maybe it depends on what state you reside in. I'm in Virginia......:confused:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issues here either. In fact I have had many insurances companies and Geico is by far the best to deal with so far.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been with Allstate for almost six years now and the 02' Viper ACR, the '03 SL500 Sport and my daily driver ('01 300M) and my girlfriend's daily driver ('03 Toyota Corolla) total only $377 a month. I've had other companies tell me how much they'll save me, then they start denying coverage here or there, or trying to cap their liability for the Viper....that's when I tell them to stop wasting my time and we hang up. I had one company tell me that they'd only insure the Viper until dusk unless it was parked at home.....I couldn't believe they even tried such a crazy rule!!

Regards,
Aaron

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang in with Geico if the deal went through, I have never had any problems with Corvettes or multiple Vipers, M5's, SRT8's. AND they gave me 62K for my totaled 00 GTS one year ago, and one month later I registered and insured with them my relacement 00 GTS AND my new 06 SRT. No issues, no problems. They are a pain in the ass to deal with with normal ittty bitty stuff but when the chips are down they did REALLY well by me when it counted. Just a heads up. AND the longer you are with them they really take care of you. And you never know, maybe the Regional offices are different and the VA/MD one does a good and logical job.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I tried them a number of times, they told me no vipers, or even my twin turbo supra was "too fast" for them...

I agree with the above comment tho, they are great on claims (we were hit by a Geico insured) and they were frankly amazing (overpaid us within 48 hours, no questions asked).

I own both a Viper and a 600+ rwhp Supra and both are insured with GEICO. I just renewed my policy a couple weeks ago with no problems.
Maybe it varies from state to state.

I used to have AllState. I was with them for 15 years with no claims and they cancelled me because they said I lived in a high risk area. :dunno: I even had my homeowners with them too. Funny thing is, the very next year they were calling me to try and get me to come back... at much higher rates than before. :nono: They lost both my car and homeowners insurance business forever. I own two homes and five cars, so that's a pretty nice piece of business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss